ONE

"Why are they all in red?"

"San Marco's Day festival. They're commemorating the expulsion of vampires from the city," Alice answered as her passenger began to deteriorate into heavy breathing and worry. "It's the perfect setting. The Volturi will never let him get far enough to reveal himself."

"We have five minutes!" Bella's hands tug at her hair harshly, as her breathing becomes erratic.

"You know, Bella, just breath." Alice tried calming her as the yellow car weaved it's way throughout the dated streets of Italy.

"Mi scusi!" I yelled at one of the officers watching over the parade. He turned to me with a small smile and questioning eyes. "Hi I'm looking for the clock tower tour can you help me?"

Before he could answer, a series of honks from a yellow Porsche interrupted. I watched on as the officer went over and tapped on the window of the drivers side. A girl got out looking frantic as she conversed with the driver before running away. I didn't have time to really think about how weird that was because when I looked back, the driver was staring directly at me.

Like that's not creepy.

"I guess I'll find the clock tower myself then." I murmured trying to feel less uncomfortable while walking through the swarm of red cloaks.

By the time I had found it, a thin layer of sweat coated my skin, the once comfortable red playsuit was now sticking to my body. Pushing my sunglasses up onto my head, my eyes searched the doors to find a man and woman in each other's arms going inside.

"Huh, tour must be early." I walked passed the beautiful fountain and pressed against the door only to find it was locked.

"Allow me." A soft voice spoke, it was the driver from before. She had a scarf around her head, sunglasses and gloves on. Unusual but whatever floats your boat. I awed at how she pushed through the door. "Come on guys. It's a festival. You wouldn't wanna make a scene." Turning around I saw the lock on the door was broken.

What the hell?

"We wouldn't." I looked back at that. Two men stood straight, one was taller than a frickin house, the other even though smaller looked ready to kill.

"Enough." Another person entered, a girl with blonde hair she looked very young yet everyone tensed when she arrived. "Aro sent me to see what was taking so long."

It's at this very moment that I realise all three of these people's eyes were red. And they're skin oh so pale. I felt a shiver crawl up my spine as the girl's eyes landed on me before turning to walk away.

"Just do as she says." The stranger whispered to me. A sudden panic came over me as we began to walk. I didn't know anyone here. I had no protection, no friends. The feeling grew more as we entered an elevator.

"I'm Alice." One of the girls whispered to me with a small smile that did nothing for my panic attack that was looming. I couldn't have one, if I did it would be hospital or die. My heart condition wouldn't allow me to live. Increased blood pressure had plagued me for most of my life. When anxiety got thrown into the mix it made the pain in my chest worsen. Though my weakened heart was the least of my problems at the moment.

As we all stepped out the elevator, Alice grabbed my wrist keeping me close to her. A tanned woman stood and greeted everyone in Italian. Though no one responded back.

"...She wants to be." I looked at the other girl just hearing the end of the conversation. My mind was all over the place right now and I wasn't exactly thinking about keeping up with everyone's words.