Chapter 8 - A Mystery Date

Start from the beginning

As I sprinted up the stairs I ran into Shayde outside my bedroom door. He was standing with his mouth wide open in shock. He was furious, it showed on his face. "Who did this Sweetness?" I ran into his embrace, wanting so much for us to be back on the blanket and none of this to have ever happened. I looked up at him, "I don't know. I stopped by Gloria's when I got back and when I got to my room this is the condition that I found it in. "

"Sweetness, we will make sure we figure this out. But until then let me help you clean this mess up. " He walked forward and began to pick up all of the trashed items. "I will make sure we get you some new pillows and stuff. "

I opened my closet and what I found was quit disturbing. All of my gowns were ruined. Whoever done this had slashed each and every single one of them. Gasping I reached for them. "Oh no my gowns."

Shayde came over and grabbed my arm. "Issy, we will find the person who did this. I will have our seamstress come up to see if any of the material or anything is salvageable and I will make sure she starts making you new gowns immediately. Don't you worry that pretty little face of yours." With all the bad things I was finding he still managed to put a smile on my face. I reached up and placed a kiss on his lips. "Thank you Shayde. I don't know what I would do without you."

We finished cleaning the room and the servants began to bring in the new bedding and things. Out of all the things, I was so very glad they did not manage to break the picture of me and my father. Shayde had convinced me to stay with Gloria until they figured out exactly who was the person behind the destruction of my bedroom. Elder Rueben had been questioning people all day but had yet to figure it out. No one could understand why anyone would want to scare me like that , i guess whoever it was did not want me at the castle any longer. Well I had a big surprise for them. I did not scare that easily.

The next couple days went by pretty normally. No one had come to any conclusion as to who was behind the incident. We decided that it was ok for me to return to my room. There had not been any more weird things, so whoever it was must of gotten the idea that I was here to stay. I was glad to finally have my own bed back. I mean, it was nice to do the slumber party type thing every night but Gloria was a bed hog. I kept waking up with her leg draped over my entire body and I was almost always damn near falling off the bed. Ivan had came almost every night to hang out with us. His stutters were getting less and less. The only truly bad part was that I really hadn't gotten any time to hang with Shayde.

I returned to my room and everything looked perfectly normal. However , I was still was having little flash backs of the way I had found my room. I shivered, I was just going to have to get over it. I wanted my own space back and I was not going to let some weirdo scare me out of my own damned room. With determination set in my mind. I closed and locked the door behind me.

I ran myself a bath and decided to relax a bit. I had been spending my days in class and late evenings chatting with Gloria and Ivan. I was quite exhausted. The stress of all the things we had to remember and I was trying so hard to seem as normal as possible with everything that was going on.

I had two people who thought I had excepted their courtship and obviously some weirdo stalking me. It was a chore every day just to avoid Elder Rueben, especially since he was my first class of the day, every single damned day. With a sigh, I stepped into the tub. Mmmm this is nice.

I was laying there and I must of drifted off to sleep. I was standing next to Ivan and he was chatting with someone that I had only seen briefly around the castle. For some reason I could not make out what they were saying but it was apparent that Ivan was upset. He was throwing his hands up in the air and lines of frustration appeared on his face. It was like I was having a silent dream. It was quite odd actually. I walked around to the front of Ivan trying to read his lips or something. I was not sure but I think he just said Isadora?A few moments later I think he said death.