Chapter 8 - A Mystery Date

So Chapter 7 was extremely short but I just wanted to give you a peak at what Elder Rueben is about. This chapter is going to be fun as it gets exciting and things start to happen. I am sure you will be surprised at a few things in here.

Enjoy <3 Vote and comment if you like it!

Chapter 8

I skipped up the stairs wanting to stop and visit Gloria on my way. I had to tell her how wonderful Shayde was. I promised her I would fill her in on all the details when I got back. Besides, I needed to make sure no one had stopped by asking where I was at.

I knocked on her door. She answered, reaching for my hands pulling me in. " Tell me! Tell me everything!" she giggled dragging me over to her bed as we plopped down. I filled her on everything, well... almost everything. I wasn't going to give her exact details. I blushed to myself at the thought of what Shayde had done to me.

She told me that no one had been asking where I was, so I had actually pulled it off. No one knew that I had left the castle to go riding with Shayde. Well at least that is what I thought. I skipped down the corridor towards my room. I was so happy, today had been the best day ever!

When I got to my bedroom door, I noticed that the door was not fully shut and what I seen when I pushed it open made my mouth drop. The tulips that I had received where crumpled up on the floor and my room was destroyed. My bed coverings were laying on the floor. My pillows were sliced open and feathers were everywhere. My dresser mirror was covered with my favorite lipstick and on it was written, " Leave!" . That's when I screamed at the top of my lungs.

Everyone began to emerge from their rooms and others came running up the stairs to see what on earth the scream was for. My hands over my mouth, I just stood and stared as the entire castle began to congregate behind me. Elder Rueben was the first of the Elders to arrive.

"What in the God's name has happened here?" The look of bewilderment and worry apparent on his face. "Who did this?" Angrily Elder Rueben looked over everyone's face. I was trembleing, Elder Rueben reached over and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. As much as I hated the thought of him touching me, I welcomed the comfort at the moment. Tears began to trickle down my cheeks. "Don't you worry your little heart my Dear, I will make sure we get to the bottom of this." He demanded that everyone return to their rooms and that he would be in to talk to each and everyone of them. He lead me into his office down to the level below us and waited for me to describe what and how I had found my things.

Through tear filled eyes and my crackling voice, I explained that I had found it just as It was after returning from Gloria's room. Which was the truth honestly because I had just left her room. He just didn't know that I hadn't been there the entire time."I don't understand why someone would do this to me. I never hurt anyone." I lowered my head. How was this possible? Why? I just could not understand what I had done to someone that they would try to scare me, apparently wanting me out of the castle. Elder Rueben sat next to me allowing me to cry upon his shoulder. "I will make sure we get to the bottom of this. That I promise you." lifting my face he continued. "You do trust me that I will do this for you, don't you my Dear?"

Elder Rueben was being so nice to me. I thought maybe I should tell him that I had honestly no idea about the courtship when I had accepted the flowers. But he was being so nice to me and his embrace was quite comforting. I decided that this was not the best time to tell him. "Thank you so much Elder Rueben. You are being so kind to me." With a creepy grin he replied, " Just Rueben Dear and don't you worry things will be just fine." A shiver ran down my spine and I stood up.

"I think I should get back to my room and clean up the mess. "With a small bow, I dismissed myself. "Thank you again for your help." I hurried away from him, hoping that he wasn't getting the wrong idea from the hug.