Epilogue

Nine point Eight

Epilogue

Hannah Lawther swings her legs as she waited for Tyler on a wooden park bench. Her glassy eyes scanned the activities going around her, then she glanced at the flowers that were budding. Soon, they'll turn into beautiful daisies.

"HA!" Tyler Haynes suddenly came out of nowhere and tried to surprise her but it seems like he has failed to do so. "Sorry for the wait," he grinned as he wrapped around his scarf on her neck.

She pouts. "It's not that cold."

"Just wear it."

Her eyes were staring down to the ground, waiting for the right time to ask something to him. "Um... Tyler?" She trailed off, convincing herself that she really need to know the answer.

"Yeah?"

"I thought... Dr. Petterson said that even though you survive the coma, you would still got a lifetime paralysis on your legs?"

He inhaled some oxygen and somehow ends up with a pick-up line, "Maybe it's the power of love."

"Seriously. Just when on earth did you become this cheesy?"

A smile appears on his face, spreading from ear to ear. "Since the dance on snow?"

Hannah automatically hits his arm lightly "Geez! Don't talk about it again!" This is the umpteenth times Tyler Haynes caught her out of guard. And now she can felt her cheeks turning bright red.

He laughs, maybe the first one after going through the sicking chemotherapy. Okay that's the actual reason why he still gets his legs working normally now. He remembers how hard it was to get to the next room without crawling on the walls.

"Still got another question?"

She nodded. "How can you remember all the things about us right before you... Um gone? Vanish- I mean," she corrected the last word, and starts to play around Tyler's grey scarf nervously.

"Well... I dunno," he answered, "It's just suddenly rushed back into my brain and bam I got all my memories back."

They fell silent for a moment. Those are they precious second chance memories they don't want to forget. And maybe you too, could still believe in, and hanging on. Because it's going to worth it.

"Are you done with your questions yet?" He offers his hand and Hannah accepted it. "Let's go get some drinks. It's getting so cold."

She giggles, not once she ever heard him complaining about the cold weather. "Hot coffee?"

"Sounds fine." He smiles at her, and a pair of shining silver thing attached on their ring finger.

Fin.