22.

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟐- 𝟓𝟕𝐭𝐡 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

𝙴𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊 𝚙𝚘𝚟

I woke up to see my bed is empty. I wonder where Levi is. Oh yeah, Levi suffered insomnia. I looked at the clock, it was 1.00 a.m. I got up to find Levi.Maybe he was in the mess hall. My guesses is right. He was there sitting on the chair, he looks sad. So, i went to sit beside him.

He turns his head to me with a confused look. "Stella? What are you doing here?"

"I was looking for you. Are you alright? You can tell me."

"I... just had a nightmare." He confessed, and lowered his head. So, he tell his dream and I nodded.

"So that's why... "

"That's why I hate letting go. I hate being left behind left to bear that feeling of loneliness."

"Are you alright now?"

"I'm with you right ,now aren't I?" He smile a bit

"Guess it can't be helped then, we'll just have to stay together "

"You going to let me go to work without sleeping a kiss?"

I nodded. " yes."

"You know when I was little, I always had nightmares until now. I'd wake up screaming and crying and whenever I did, I always went to my father. Whenever it happens, instead of forcerly putting me back to bed, my father will always stayed up and play with me all night. So tonight, I'll stay up with you, all night."

"All night? " He asked

I nodded with a smile. "All night."

I got up from my sit. "I'm going to make you tea, that will help to go to sleep." He nodded, brought the tea along with me to his room.

He was sitting on the bed. "Here, drink it." I said, giving him a cup of tea

After he drank, his eyes was slowly closed  and he was sleeping soundly.

Now, you can fall asleep. I purposely prepared Chamomile tea because it was relaxing. How many nights have you awake this time?

"Sweet dreams Levi."

-Time skip- (a month later)

Today is the 57th expedition. Father leads the Survey Corps left Karanese to find a route to Shinganshina, where it is believed that the secrets of the titans are held I got up and get ready and then I headed outside to where the rest of the survey corps were supposed to meet. While everyone was getting situated,i went to the stables to get Mew.

I heard someone calling my name. I turn around to see it was father

"Stella,I'm glad that I found you."

"Hi, father."

He hugged me. "I want to see you before we head out. Please be careful out there, don't do anything reckless and I love you."

"I will, you too father and I love you too." I hugged him back

We said our goodbyes and soon the mission starts. My plan is to let Levi's squad bring Eren somewhere safe and I'm ready to risk the trust to save Levi's squad. I get onto my horse, beside Levi
After a few minute's ride, we reached the gate where everyone gathered. Levi's squad is in the middle in order to protect Eren.

What if I fail to save them? Or what if i didn't make it? Too many thoughts in my mind. I was in deep thoughts until someone called my name.

"Stella, are you okay?" Levi asked with concern in his eyes

"Huh? What? Yeah,I'm fine."

"You terrible when lying. Look,your hands are shaking." He pointed.

"It's Just that...  I'm a little bit nervous because it's my first time going out the walls and what if–"

"Hey,Don't worry, no matter what I'll always be by your side to protect you." He comforts me.

"Thank you." I whispered.

"Its time, Humanity will take another step forward  show me what you can do!" A man yelled.

I heard the bell ring its mean that the gate is going to open. I grab my reins tightly. "Stella." I look at Levi and he nodded at me, telling me everything will be okay and he told me to stick close to him.I nodded back

"Open the gate!"

I heard the man yelled and we rode off.

"We will now begin the 57th expedition beyond the walls! FOWARD!" Father yelled as he leads the corps.

I take a deep breath. "It's now or never."