Chapter 16 - The Fourth Trial

Start from the beginning

Toko: H-Hold on! I remember this part p-perfectly! The body w-was wet! Dripping wet, in fact.

Makoto: Sorry Toko, but you're wrong.

Toko: I'm wrong? H-How? Are you saying o-only the mouth down south was wet?! How dare you spew s-such indecent words?!

Makoto: No, I'm saying that the body was wet, but not because of the sprinklers.

Toko: What do you m-mean? By d-denying the sprinkler...are you trying to deny my e-entire existence?!

Hiro: Man! You're totally wacko!

Toko: If you r-really think it wasn't the sprinkler, y-you'd better tell us why!

Makoto: Just remember what the body was like after the explosion and you'll see why it wasn't the sprinklers. The top half of the body was wet, yes, but the bottom half was completely dry. If the sprinklers got the body wet, shouldn't the whole body have been wet?

Toko: Oh my, wet on top and dry on bottom?! Internet Rule 34 don't fail me now!

Celeste: I'm so sick of her.

Y/N: Let's just...move on. The reason only the top half was wet was because while the body was still on fire, we had to douse it with water. But only the part on fire, in other words the top half.

Toko: O-Oh...then I guess the sprinklers r-really didn't do it.

Makoto: So if the sprinklers didn't get the body wet, then the murder must have taken place sometime after the sprinklers turned on at 7:30 in the morning!

Mukuro: Which means she must have been killed sometime between then and when the body was discovered at 9.

Hina: But Makoto's alibi was only missing from 10 o'clock last night to 7:30 this morning, right?

Hiro: So there's no way Makoto could have done it! I guess you had an alibi, after all. Good for you!

Byakuya: In which case, the only one left without an alibi...is Kyoko.

Kyoko: I'd just like to say one thing. If you vote for me, and I die here, the mystery of this school will stay hidden forever. Which is why...I can't let that happen!

Y/N: So are you saying...you're not the culprit?

Kyoko: Of course I'm not. I have no reason to kill anyone. Don't you see? I'm being framed! This is a trap the mastermind has laid for us.

Chihiro: A trap?

Monokuma: Ahahahaha! We're this far into the game, and now you decide to blame me? Stop wasting time! Stop wasting energy! You really think your little trick is gonna work?!

Y/N: Shut up, you!

Monokuma: You got it, babe! Shutting up now!

Y/N: Babe?! 

Byakuya: Anyway... Kyoko, you actually did have a reason to kill her. 

Makoto: Huh? She did?

Byakuya: She thought the seventeenth student was the Ultimate Despair. In other words, the mastermind behind everything. So she killed her to try and put a stop to all this. Isn't that right, Kyoko? But you made one catastrophic mistake. The seventeenth student wasn't the mastermind at all. And as a result, we were forced into another trial, something I'm sure you weren't at all expecting.