S2 Episode 6: Velocity

It was nighttime in Detroit, as the Autobots were out driving. "This is a waste of time! We're never going to find that Allspark fragment.", Bumblebee complained. 

"The signal was coming from this sector and if we can track it so can the Decepticons.", Optimus spoke. "We don't need them getting their hands on another one.", Serenity added, while thinking about the one shard that they couldn't get to in time. 

She had almost ran off to the Decepticons, if it wasn't for her team getting to her before she could run off. Then, a bunch of cars went racing by, leaving the Autobots in their dust. 

"What's they're hurry?", Ratchet asked. Then, a bunch of camera bots flew over. 

"Hey, I know those cars. They're street demons. Me and Sari watch them race on TV all the time.", Bulkhead realized. "Armatures! I'll show them a real street demon!", Bumblebee cheered, as he went through the vehicles leaving the others in his dust. 

"Bumblebee, wait!", Serenity called out, while picking up speed. This surprised the others and even Serenity herself. 

She didn't know she could go this fast and it felt good. Then, a blue car came out of nowhere, smashing into to of the lead vehicles, and causing them to wreck. 

Serenity quickly stopped and raced back to help the others with the humans. As she did so, she saw the car past Bumblebee. 

"So, you want to drag, do you?", Bumblebee called out to the car. "Not now! Those drivers need help.", Optimus spoke through the comm link to Bumblebee. 

"But, I can catch this guy!", Bumblebee said. The car then sped ahead. 

"I think...", Bumblebee continued. Serenity then started after the car. 

"I know that car.", Serenity whispered, then looked back to the mess. "But, he would never do something like this.", Serenity continued. 

She then went to help. Optimus was putting out the fire of the purple car, while Prowl talked to the human. 

"Think calm thoughts.", Prowl said. "And don't move!", Ratchet commanded. 

Prowl then brought out his ninja star, causing the driver to get a panicked look, before he cut the top of the vehicle open and Ratchet lifted her seat out. Bulkhead went over to the other car and he tried to sit it up. 

Serenity made sure it was gentle and then Bulkhead pulled back the top of the car. "Hey, can I get your autograph? It's for my human friend, Sari.", Bulkhead said. 

The driver only groaned in response. "Looks like this one needs a repair shop.", Bulkhead stated. 

"You mean a hospital.", Optimus corrected. "You mean a prison ward. Matter of fact, I'm arresting both of these rocket jockeys.", Fanzone stated, as the two drivers are taken away. 

"But, why?", Serenity asked. "They're part of a underground racing circuit. I have been after them for weeks.", Fanzone replied. 

"You mean they race in tunnels?", Bulkhead asked. "Underground. As in illegal. As in they race in the streets and don't care who gets hurt.", Fanzone explained. 

"That's not what Sari told me.", Bulkhead spoke. "What purpose does this street race serve?", Optimus asked. 

"Besides the fact that it feels good.", Serenity whispered to herself. "What else? They get a couple of million view paper customers for their pirate broadcast and it's ca Ching, ca Chang. Big bucks.", Fanzone answered. 

Bumblebee then showed up, while honking his horn, before transforming and falling down in exhaustion. "Hey! Tried to nail a guy in blue car, did you?", Fanzone asked.