16|THERE GOES THE NEIGHBORHOOD

"Did you complete the challenge I bestowed upon you?"

Gemma looks up at Willow through narrowed eyes, leaning back against her chair. She watches the therapist shift in her seat across from her, her manicured nails tapping against the table in what seems like impatience. "Calm down, lady Willow," the vampire mutters. "Yes, I did."

The blonde grins, her teeth flashing. "What'd you do?"

Gemma gazes at her for a long second, "why do I feel like this is gossip for you?"

Willow hums and grabs her notepad off of the table, waving it around as she sends Gemma a pointed look. As if the one action proves once and for all that she's professional about Gemma's personal life. "It's for my notes," the blonde reassures her.

Gemma clears her throat, "I hugged her."

Willow leans forward, inclining her ear to the girl. "What was that?"

"I hugged her."

Willow scoffs, pursing her lips as she stares at the Salvatore in disapproval. "That's it?"

"What?" Gemma splutters, "what'd you want me to do? Get a damn ring?"

"Precisely," Willow begins to flip through her notes, her eyes frantic. "It appears my plan has failed. We must resort to plan b immediately or all will be lost."

Gemma cradles her head between her hands, closing her eyes at the brewing frustration. She enjoyed Willow's presence, of course she did. Who wouldn't? She's bubbly and bright, and can make you laugh with the insane facial expressions. Gemma's accustomed to... quiet, though; and Willow is anything but quiet.

"What are you talking about, Sherlock?" Gemma grits her teeth.

Willow sighs, "in all seriousness, what's the blockage? You're obviously harboring something for her, so why not just go for it?"

"Uh," Gemma gives the woman a look. "She's dating my brother."

The blonde smirks, "you could keep it friendly, but if romance is your first thought, who am I to avert you?"

Gemma scowls, "you're a dick."

Willow hums, grinning at the woman happily. "How do you feel about Elena?"

Gemma shrugs, "nothing. I'm indifferent to her."

"Really?" Willow gapes, "you're still sticking with that?"

"There's nothing to stick with. I'm telling the truth. She's my brother's girlfriend, therefore a part of my life until the inevitable happens."

Willow squints, "which is?"

The vampire's instinct, in any situation, would be to blurt death. It's the answer to all of her problems, according to Damon. She used to agree with him before she saw... the alternative lifestyle.

"They'll break up," she says. "They're seventeen, they'll—"

"Don't say they don't know what love is," Willow moans, shaking her head. "That's the worst. Saying someone's too young to love discredits almost everyone. Haven't you ever been young and in love?"

Gemma blanches, "no. My father was wildly homophobic and nearly killed me the first time he found out I had involved myself in that lifestyle."

Willow pauses, "is that you saying you're ready to talk about the daddy issues?"

The female Salvatore smiles wryly, "didn't I just?"