nineteen; training camp

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

amaya's point of view

i practically sleepwalk up to the team who's standing next to our bus. it's been a few weeks and we're all about to leave for a week-long summer training camp at shinzen high school with the tokyo teams.

"hey yachi," i say tiredly. she yawns. "hey!"

i spot tobio walking toward us. he's not with shoyo, and they usually walk together. i sigh and give yachi a look to which she returns a similar one.

shoyo and tobio aren't speaking. it's really stressing me out because they're both my friends and no matter how much keiko, yachi, and i have tried to get them to make up, they won't. so, since their fight keiko and i haven't really hung out with them both except during school or at practice.

keiko and shoyo have hung out quite a lot since they got together, and tobio and i went for dinner after practice one day, but other than that, their argument has really put off the whole group.

i've been super busy anyway preparing for my national qualifying regional figure skating competition. after practice, before school, and even during my lunch hours i've been going to the rink, even for just a few minutes of practice. my personal coach helped me pick a routine and i feel really confident that i can win with it. the only problem is getting all the moves down.

kiyoko, yachi, and i watch as all the boys get on the bus, taking a head count. everyone's here, so we finally get on and sit in the front. yachi and i sit together, she sits on the inside by the window and i take the aisle seat next to her.

takeda takes one last head count and then starts driving. i immediately fall asleep on yachi's shoulder.

i hear a soft laugh as i wake up. i open my eyes to see kiyoko smiling and holding her phone out, appearing to have taken a photo. i feel a weight on my head. i turn slightly up to see yachi's head is leaning on mine. i start laughing with kiyoko before shaking yachi's arm.

"huh?" yachi says tiredly. i mumble a "we're here" and she nods, sitting up.

"you guys are cute sleepers," kiyoko comments and shows us the photo. daichi and suga burst out laughing in the seat behind us as yachi and i chuckle a little.

"send me that," i smile, shaking my head a little. kiyoko nods and coach yells to wake everyone else up to tell them we're here.