five; study session

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

kageyama's point of view

during lunch break, i make my way from class to the courtyard. i'm supposed to meet hinata to practice more, but i don't see him anywhere.

while i wait, i decide to get some milk. i've been craving it all day.

i approach the vending machine, but someone else is already there.

is that-

"sugi! hey!" the same blonde from yesterday calls as she runs up to the brunette at the vending machine.

it's her.

the girl turns around toward her friend, brushing a strand of hair from her face and tucking it behind her ear.

she's so pretty.

i watch as amaya smiles, and the blonde skips away after the conversation ends. amaya turns back to the vending machine before deciding on her drink and pushing the button.

"kageyama! why are you standing there staring like an idiot?" hinata yells from behind me. my eyes widen as amaya turns her head toward us, apparently hearing him. my face flushes red.

shit. that idiot. now she probably thinks i'm weird.

"shut up dumbass," i smack him and he just laughs. i turn back forward and see amaya walking our way.

my hands get all clammy and i feel really nervous for some reason. hinata smacks a hand on my shoulder.

"hey, is that the pretty girl you were talking to on facetime yesterday? when we were studying?" he asks as she stops in front of us, taking a sip of a strawberry milk. i nod.

"hey tobio!" she smiles brightly. hinata raises his eyebrows at me after hearing her use my first name.

she has such a gorgeous smile.

"h-hey amaya," i stutter.

ugh, i'm such an idiot.

"hinata, right?" she asks him. he excitedly reaches out and shakes her hand, nodding.

"you're really pretty!" he smiles, making my eyes widen at his boldness.

"oh- thank you!" she says, a little taken aback, before a wide smile appears on her face.

there it is. that smile.

suddenly i feel a little angry because of their interaction.

i want to be the one to put that smile on her face.

i snap out of my thoughts quickly.

"thanks again for helping me last night. you don't know how much that means to me," i say to her.

"you're welcome! i hope you do well on your finals! hey, speaking of, i meant to text you after dinner last night- my mom made me watch a movie with her and my dad so that's why i didn't call back," she explains.

"no that's okay. don't worry," i respond. she grins, before checking her watch.

"oh, sorry i've got to go! my best friend and i are supposed to study for english finals during lunch hour," she says apologetically.

"oh okay-"

"english? kageyama and i need some help in english! can we come too?" hinata butts in, cutting me off.

"dude-" i say, before amaya says, "sure you can! come on!"

we follow her to the library where her blonde friend is already sitting at a booth table.

"hey keiko!" she greets. "my friends tobio and hinata are gonna study with us if you don't mind," she smiles, sitting across from the blonde, apparently keiko.

"oh, nice to meet y'all! i'm keiko amari, sugihara's bestie," keiko smiles.

"i'm shoyo hinata! thanks for letting us study with you!" hinata smiles, sitting next to her. i sit next to amaya, who pulls out her notes.

we studied for the rest of the lunch hour, which really just consisted of amaya helping me and keiko helping hinata. i felt a little guilty but amaya didn't seem to mind.

anyways, it was nice to spend time with her.