Chapter 7: New Tutor

"Perhaps the butterfly is proof that you can go through a great deal of darkness and still become something beautiful." - Beau Taplin

Little did I know - Julia Michaels

*****

The dark faded away as the sunlight infiltrated the bedroom bringing in a fresh new morning.

Ivory was curled up next to Ezra in the king-size bed covered in a cocoon of warmth in the protection of her older brother's arms. She never wanted to wake up from her serene slumber.

Until her sleep was abruptly disturbed by the door slamming wide open.

"Ezra wake up! Ivory is missi-" Isaiah halted noticing Ivory's messy raven curls and petite frame snuggled next to Ezra. Isaiah couldn't believe his eyes at the scene before him. He assumed Ivory had run away or worse been kidnapped but to his relief she was safe. In Ezra's bedroom of all places to his shock, this was very uncharacteristic of his little brother.

Ezra, noticing the commotion opened his eyes squinting due to the sunlight temporarily blinding him whilst Ivory cuddled deeper into his side. "Isaiah you make so much damn noise can you shut up it's illegal to be up this early," He mumbled whilst closing his eyes ready to go back to sleep.

He patted Ivory's head to help her go back to sleep. "You woke up Ivory you dumbass."

She didn't know how but Ezra's calm disposition could easily comfort her to fall asleep especially his wonderful singing from last night. He sang like an angel so unlike his hard exterior. Ivory had noticed Ezra tended to pet her head a lot as if he was unsure how to deal with her at times. Maybe he was afraid of her bursting into tears again like last night she presumed. He did seem very uneasy as if he was not used to the spectacle of people crying in front of him.

I didn't realise Ivory came here to sleep," Isaiah grinned at the cute scene before him, "Aww, Ezra I didn't realise you could be so adorable."

"You better not try to take a photo for the family album or Elias will never let me live it down."

"Yeah, I won't. I don't have the time, unfortunately."

She tried to dismiss her brother's bickering and go back to sleep but luck wasn't on her side.

Isaiah entered the room stepping over all the instruments and mess on the floor making his way towards his sister. "Ivy you need to wake up, your new tutor is coming in an hour and you need to get ready." Noticing no response from her he started to move the blanket gently away from her face. "Ivy sweetheart you need to wake up now and get ready before your tutor comes."

Ivory didn't want to wake up for the first time, she slept without any nightmares and she wanted to savour this moment

Ivory didn't want to wake up for the first time, she slept without any nightmares and she wanted to savour this moment. "Isa I don't wanna," she moaned, fighting the sleepiness. She tried to use Ezra as protection hiding behind him so she wouldn't have to go. She knew that she was acting unlike her usual self but she was too exhausted to care. She usually liked Isaiah but at this moment she wished he would disappear and come back later.