Chapter 3: Family Dinner

"Everybody needs a house to live in, but a supportive family is what builds a home." - Anthony Liccione

Nothing like us - Justin Bieber

*****

She was all alone...once again with only Mr Prince as her company in this large extravagant bedroom. Her initial excitement wearing off left Ivory confounded with all these emotions she could scarcely seem to comprehend.

Her brothers apart from one or two did not seem to like her and despite having the opportunity to reside in this huge estate, Ivory needed more... She desired much more. She wanted love; she yearned for it more than anything else. Her wish was for her brothers to truly love her and bestow her with affection that would make her the happiest twelve year old in the world.

Apart from the days, she would study with Miss Parker the only company she's ever had is her own. She had always felt a deep feeling of loneliness despite using Mr Prince as her fateful companion, it could not replace the feeling of emptiness within. In her short span of life, she had only felt genuine happiness once, that was when she was 8 years old. The moment was engraved in her mind the day Miss Parker took her to the park but it was not just any park but a special park full of every flower Ivory could have ever dreamt of.

Flashback

"Miss Parker where are we going?" Ivory said in excitement, a pure smile illuminating her angelic face.

Miss Parker grinned down at her student, "We are going to a special park Ivory it is full of something you truly love."

She gazed at Miss Parker in confusion, something she loved? She had no idea what that could be but she was full of childish wonder nonetheless.

They stopped walking. Miss Parker covered Ivory's eyes with her hand, "Don't look Ivory just follow me and I'll lead you to your little surprise."

She followed Miss Parker patiently with all the tolerance an eight-year-old could possess.

"Okay we are here you can look now I hope you love it as much as I do."

Ivory was stunned; she had never seen anything so extraordinary in her entire life. "It's so beautiful Miss Parker I love it so much!" she said with a huge smile looking fondly at all the flowers.

Ivory loved flowers since she was young and she would draw and read about different types of flowers all the time. Until one unfortunate day, her Mama threw her books away as a punishment.

They both looked on at the path covered in flowers of various colours. "Ivory flowers are not only wonderful but can also heal people with their medical properties such as the sweet daisy. Ivory remember this moment if you are ever unhappy in the future, it will remind you of the beauty of the world we live in." Miss Parker smiled at Ivory and she grinned in return both of them appreciating the flowers and the nature surrounding them.

Flashback ends

A small smile graced Ivory's face at the beautiful memory and she was determined to make her brothers like her. She would do everything conceivable to make them like her.

With her decision set, she dragged her small ratty suitcase to the middle of her room and started the tedious task of unpacking. She placed each of her clothing items in the large wardrobe yet they didn't fail to even fill half the wardrobe. She didn't have many clothes at all apart from two pairs of weary jeans and a few tops and a nightdress.