Chapter Seven- Calling Home

Start from the beginning

Tears burned my eyes at that moment, my mom. She was the one and only person in life. My dad had died a few years after my birth and my mom had been a single working parent since then. I told her it was okay if she wanted to get married so it'll take the load off of her a little but she refused. She said her job as a reporter paid well and they had extra money left over every month. But that wasn't what I meant, I meant that she should she get married because then it'll be easier for her. Like I mean she goes to work, cleans the house, cooks and takes care of me. It was too much work for a single person. If she had a husband he could help her with some of those things and she won't be as lonely as she is now.

It brings tears to my eyes when she sits in her room staring at a picture of dad. She cries and cries. I go to her and comfort her sometimes and sometimes I give her some alone time. She does this almost every single day. My heart ached at the thought. My mom, I missed her so much. I had almost forgotten her for a couple of days. In fact I haven't thought of her since I've been kidnapped.

"Katherine? What happened? Why are you crying?" Shawn asked me.

I wiped my tears and forced a smile. "It's nothing it's just that I remembered my mom."

"Oh." He said looking down uncomfortably. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay. I'm just a little worried but we're heading to her so it doesn't really matter."

"Why don't you just call her?" He asked.

I looked at the time, it was six o'clock right now and my mom would be home. I asked Daisy for a phone and she told me it was in the kitchen. I followed her directions to the kitchen and when I got there I found the phone and dialled my phone number. As it was ringing I was feeling weird. I don't know why, was it because I was nervous or something?

"Hello?" I heard my mother's voice. It sounded so weak as if she's been crying for a long time.

"Mom?" I said into the receiver.

"Katherine? Is that you! Where are you? I've been so worried!"

"Mom, calm down. I'm okay." I said to her slowly.

"But where are you? Why did your run away?" She sobbed into the phone.

"I didn't run away, and I'm coming home soon."

"But why, why are you not home?"

I froze, I couldn't tell her that I've been kidnapped or else she'll just report to the police and break down. I could say that...

"Mom how long have I been gone for?" I asked her.

"You've been gone for a week and a half, why?"

A week and a half! I've been gone for that long? Or maybe I was unconscious at that time.

"Did you tell anyone?" I asked her.

"No, I told them that you were at your Grandma's."

Well I knew she probably wouldn't go to the police or write in the news paper right away, she knew better than that.

"Um... I was at my friends." I lie to her. I felt so bad doing that but I was going to tell her the truth after when I return because he said I was the 'Future Princess'. She asked me if I was okay and to come home soon. We said goodbye and I hung up after that. It was great my mom was so nice. She actually let it go, like most parents would practically kill their child for doing that.

"So what did she say?"

I jumped in surprise of Shawn's voice. Was he listening the whole time? Not that it mattered because I wasn't talking about anything personal, so why do I feel so embarrassed? Why do I feel I should act my best around him?

"Katherine?"

"Yeah, she told me to come home soon." I said to him.

"That's it? Nothing else, she didn't yell at you or anything?"

"No." I said.

"Lucky."

"Katherine! Shawn!" Daisy yelled sweetly on the top of her lungs.

"We're coming!" Shawn yelled, obviously annoyed.

"Why don't you like her?" I ask him with confidence.

"She's annoying and she's actually mean when it's just me. Since you're here she's not saying anything but otherwise she would totally ignore me."

"Really, I can't believe she would do that! She doesn't seem like that type of person." I said as my eyes widened in surprise.

"Yeah I know. So let's go."

"Okay."

We go to the family room, which was where she was sitting. She looked up at us as we entered and smiled sweetly. It disgusted me that she was faking it. She told us to go take a shower and change to the clothes laid out upstairs. I nod and went to take a shower first. I go up the stairs, the wood creaking under my feet. After about 20 steps I was finally at the top of the stairs. I opened a few doors trying to find the room with green paint like she told me to but I felt weird since it wasn't my house.

The room was the second last down the hall. I go into it and find some clothes laid onto the bed. I grab them and go to the washroom in the room. The washroom was pretty small unlike the one in John's castle which was humongous compared to this one. I undress and look at the bruises, they seemed slightly better. The wound on my stomach was all closed up and it didn't hurt expect if I poked it hard.

I took a quick shower and put on the clothes Daisy had got for me; faded blue skinny jeans and a plain pink top with "Love or Hate Me. Either Way Your Still Thinking about Me" written on it.

I get out of the washroom and I go downstairs to where Daisy and Shawn were. They were quietly sitting far apart from each other watching a movie. I sit down on the sofa at the side and sit down uncomfortably. They hadn't even noticed me come in. I just sit and watch the movie, which was pretty boring.

After the movie finished, Daisy got up to make dinner and Shawn went to take a bath. I frown, they still haven't noticed me. In fact they forgot about me, they looked as if something happened between them. I sit on the sofa looking at the blank screen, and then looking all over the room.

I was all alone for 10 minutes and no one noticed me or passed by the room. Where was Shawn? Why was he taking so long? I go upstairs and I go to the room at the end of the hallway and he was sitting there wearing black jeans and a black top. His head was in his knees and he seemed to be...crying?

---------------------------

Hey so why is he crying? Any guesses?

I'll upload this before Sunday. Looking forward to your comments!

And this chapter is dedicated to XxForeverandAlwaysxX because I love reading her comments. They're so nice and long. So thanks!

COMMENT. VOTE. FAN