Chapter Seven- Calling Home

I was surprised. How did she know? Were we that obvious?

"Yeah, how did you know?" Shawn answered her and asking a question of his own.

"Well it's kind of obvious since you two don't look anything like brother or sister and you two are too young to be married. So you must be running away, especially because of those two little backpacks you have."

We went quiet for a moment but the girl broke the silence. "You guys look so cute together!"

I blush hard and I saw Shawn doing the same.

"So anyways I forgot to tell you I'm Alex." She said, extending her hand out to me.

I smile at her. "I'm Katherine, nice to meet you Alex."

"I don't want you to think of me as a weirdo but I love romance stories. So what's your story?" She asked.

My head went blank. What do I say to her? I can't tell her the truth, I'll have to lie. I was about to open my mouth to talk but Shawn spoke first. "We met in high school, fell in love, our parents didn't let us be together and so we decided to run away."

"Oh that's sweet but you know it's not going to be an easy life after that. Like I mean it'll be hard to get a job and then you have to get a place to live. Don't forget food and clothes."

"Don't worry, um... his grandparents are really nice and they did something like this too and they said they'll take us in." I replied.

I'm so stupid, I suck at making excuses. I should've let Shawn make it up.

"Oh." Alex said.

The night fell in a couple of hours and we fell asleep, my head resting on Alex's shoulder. The next morning at around 5 the train stopped and we were at New York City. I was pretty excited to be there, it was my first time being there after all. We said goodbye to Alex and she wished us a good and happy life. We thanked her and went to a restaurant to eat.

After eating we were going to go to Shawn's aunt's house that was lived in New York and she knows everything.

"So where exactly does she live?" I ask Shawn after half an hour of walking, I was getting really tired.

"She lives at the edge of New York." He said.

I nodded and we kept walking. We walked for what seemed like hours and we took occasional breaks. The sawn dawned and we reached a cute little wooden cottage. It was just too cute! The cottage was surrounded by grass and flowers.

"This is where your Aunt lives?" I asked him.

"Yeah." He said in a bored voice.

"It's such an adorable cottage."

"Whatever." He said as he passed by.

He seemed to be so rude, why was that? He was one of the nicest person I've ever met in my life and not to mention the hottest. I decided to let it go for now and I'll think about it later. We ring the doorbell and about a minute after ringing it and women in about her late 40's came to the door. She was quite...fat. She was wearing a pale blue dress and her hair was weird. A short bob with front bangs and grey hair. I don't want to be mean or anything but it's the truth. She's a little too childish.

"Shawn! You've grown so much!" She said to Shawn, and then she turned to me. "And this beautiful young lady must be Katherine."

"Yes, um I don't know what to call you."

"Call me Daisy!" She said in a sweet voice. "Now why don't you all come in?" Daisy was practically yelling.

I still don't get why he didn't seem to like his Aunt. She was so nice. She led us inside of her house and told us to sit at the small wooden dining table. After a short while she came back with apple pie and coffee. It smelt delicious. I took a slice of the pie and took a bite of it. Mmm...It tasted exactly like the way my mom makes it.