♥️Chapter XLII♥️

I'm so sorry for the slow update. But I've been away and I'm here now xx

It was the end of the auction right now, with Kasey, Leilani and Raina Riele not being successful in getting the topaz tiara.

They would have been successful but Raina Riele had lost the tiara last minute, with someone else more or less buying it for her.

Kasey and Leilani had gone over to her most especially after realising that she had seemed upset about something and she was.

She was upset about not getting the tiara, that was what. And because the boys had sensed this, they had therefore decided to go and talk to her before it was too late.

Raina Riele was sitting down trying not to beat herself up about what had just happened— although that was a lot easier said than done for her sadly.

What's wrong with you?

501K euros?

Why would you want to pay 1K euros extra just for a stupid tiara?

That was her conscience devil talking to her with her parents always telling her to listen to her conscious angel and not her devil instead.

"Yo, Raina!"

That was coming from Kasey as he had hopped on over to where she was along with Leilani.

They needed to leave to get to the castle any time now.

They may not have gotten the real tiara but they could always have gotten the fake one, and even if they would have failed the mission for that...

It was a lot better than nothing.

Leilani was the one that had said to Raina that they needed to go despite the fact that Kasey had called her name.

Though when both of them had realised that Raina Riele had seemed distressed about something, they knew for sure that something was up.

And it wasn't good.

"Raina, you good?"

She didn't say anything to that because all she could have thought about in the interim was how much she had failed this whole thing.

"€501K."

Everyone had stopped to look at her again, paying 1K extra seemed like the right thing to do.

Some people were even suspicious as to how she had so much money because she had seemed young.

Very young.

But she wasn't. She was just eighteen.

"You want to pay 1K extra euros than what the original tiara was worth?" Maverick had double checked, raising an eyebrow at her.

Leilani: Raina Riele. No. Don't pay extra. What are you doing?

Raina Riele: It's just 1K.

Kasey: 1K's a lot. And I know we need the real tiara to succeed this mission but what you're doing is kinda senseless. No offence.

She could have said a lower amount than 1K but that didn't seem very smart either to be honest.

She shook her head and it was sold to Giovanni.

That was the end of the auction.

So close...

Yet so so far at the same time as well.

"Of course I'm not okay, Kasey and Leilani! I just lost the tiara! It got sold to Giovanni! Weren't y'all there?"

There were there, but being there and trying to forget about what had just happened wasn't exactly the same thing.

Looking at one another, the two of them didn't say anything, with Kasey then pretty aimlessly winking at Leilani, who sighed.

Sitting down, he had then told her that it was okay even if things seemed pretty contrasting to that right now.

"Raina, don't beat yourself up. We would have probably done the same thing. I mean, you could have gone lower than 1K but—"

Kasey had nudged Leilani after he had said that, telling him to dial it down a bit because encouraging Raina Riele to pay extra for the topaz tiara was not ideal.

"You can't even say that it's not the end of the road because it more or less is," Raina deadpanned. "Kasey said that this was the last way for us to get the real topaz tiara. If we get the fake one then we will fail the mission."

Leilani didn't know how to reply to that, which was actually okay in the long run because Kasey had just had an epiphany.

Wanting to know what it was, that was when Raina Riele and Leilani had glanced at him rather cluelessly, where he had explained what said epiphany was.

"We didn't get the tiara but we can somehow get the tiara to come to us," Kasey had explained, before then sitting down right next to Leilani and opposite Raina Riele.

How they were going to do that, most especially in time, they didn't know.

"How are we going to do that?"

"Giovanni knows Raina Riele because he lowkey just got the tiara off of her, sorry to bring that up. But he doesn't know me and you, Leilani."

Leilani had known where he was coming from — that was until he had brought up the fact that they may not have known Giovanni and vice versa.

However they knew his wife Valentina.

Valentina didn't really have anything on them though.

Those that were in the auction but they weren't actually buying anything had to stay in this room where they could have watched the auction happen live.

Valentina had kept on screaming a lot, with people in the same room as her telling her to quieten down as she wasn't the only person in the room.

Kasey and Leilani had done this the most, so therefore they didn't get along with Valentina. They didn't need Valentina. They needed Giovanni.

"How's this going to work, Kasey?"

"I'm pretty good at negotiating," he had explained. "I didn't bid for the tiara though because Raina Riele wanted to do it more than me."

He wasn't wrong.

"I'll try and convince Giovanni that the tiara isn't all it's cracked up to be. I'll tell him some bad things about it and maybe then he'll give it to me."

That was a decent idea, and it was a lot better than what they had.

Only one thing though....

If the tiara was bad then why would Kasey have wanted it?

That didn't really make any sense.

"I could say I'm giving it to charity or something. I don't know yet but I'll most definitely think of something."

And in the blink of an eye before Raina and Leilani had gotten the chance to say anything to him, Kasey was already off.

"He didn't even hear our input."

"Just be glad that we ain't the ones doing this job," Raina Riele had smiled. "Seems like a lot of hard work."

Being here in general was a lot of hard work in itself.