Chapter Two

Robert Nash, was what Buck read on the i.d. after fishing it out. Did it hold any significance? No, it was just a name anyway, why would it?

   "Alright Robert. I'm pretty sure we can find you a cab, you have some cash on you." And he drags him onto the street, hails him a cab, and lets him be on his stinky merry way.

The next day... (Eddi's POV)

  "Morning Hen, Chim." I call out, heading into the lockers. 

  "Good morning Diaz. You've seen Cap yet?" 

   "No, why? What's wrong?" Hen shakes her head.

  "If only i knew. He looks like he got stoned last night, and he is not even making breakfast. If he doesn't who will?" Chim decides to place some not needed commentary.

   "Not Eddie~" I sigh when Hen and Chim start laughing, and exit to find Cap. He was in the truck when I found him, obviously spacing out, because he would have heard when I opened the door.

  "Cap? What's up?" Straight and to the point. That's my style.

   "Nothing, why, am I acting weird? Sorry its just,.. I don't know. Yesterday was a hard day for me, for all of us." Yesterday, a family of 5 was reduced to 3. One child was stuck in the fire, and the other ran in not a minute before we arrived to save his twin brother. Unfortunately, the children passed, leaving the family to cry over the loss, and us to locate the body. All though there shouldn't be a bright side to this, Athena, Cap's girlfriend, said the died side by side, smiling.

   Nodding, I sit myself in the passenger seat, hopefully signaling Bobby to continue.

   "And I got drunk." A beat of silence.

   "Ok, and?" I didn't get it. We all get drunk when we deal with these types of things. I just do it when Chris falls asleep.

   "I wasn't supposed to, or even allowed to get that way. Bad things happen when I drink."

   "Did something bad happen?"

  "Well, no, but-"

     "Then its fine. Just don't make it a habit." Bobby nods his head in defeat. Yes! One point for Eddie!

    "But, that's not all that happened." I arch my brow.

    "What do you mean?"

   "Well, I vomited outside in an alley way, and was about to pass out until this man, no, boy came over and helped me. He was real sweet and everything, almost like he knew what he was doing. But he is just a kid. He shouldn't."

  "Well he must have just been helping out. Maybe your not the only one who gets into those situations, you know?" Bobby then gives a small smile. 

  "His name is Buck."

Editted Minamally on April 11,2022