Chapter 1

Hi. My name is Phiwe Davids. I'm a 21 year old gangster and this is my story.

It all started when my dad came home drunk one night singing and shouting that we were the cause of his depts and miserable life. See my dad used to be the richest dog in town until I don't know what he got himself into and everything was taken away from him. He was left bankrupt then he couldn't pay school fees for my brother and I. My mom was a house wife. Dad had closed all channels for her to get a job he said no woman will work in his house.

***flashback 7 years back

We had just finished with our homework and playing cards in my brother's room when mom called us.

Mom: Phiwe, Alex come help me in the kitchen!

She yelled from the kitchen

Her: okay phiwe you chop the onions, Alex peel the potatoes

My mom was a beautiful Xhosa woman with a good heart. She had so much to offer the world. She was the smartest woman I knew. She and dad never really married but they lived together.. I also don't know how that worked out.

Alex: but ma do I also have to do this.. I mean I'm a guy and I should be playing Xbox with other kids.

Mom: Alex weh peel the potatoes tuu before I chop your head off. No woman wants a man who can't cook nowadays.

We talked and talked while making dinner. It wasn't long after that when we heard dads drunkerd voice enter the kitchen pointing a pistol to my moms direction. How could he do that to the love of his life. My momma wasn't even looking his side when he shot her faster than I could even blink my eyes... She cried out loud holding her wounded arm and turned to face dad but he shot her again on her chest quicker than my brother got to him, then my mother fell to the ground and I kneeled next to her, holding her

Me: mama don't leave me don't leave us.

I tried to reach for her phone to call the ambulance but I heard a gunshot going off again I turned around and saw my dad and my brother were fighting, I saw my dad loosing his breath slowly as he collapsed to the ground. Alex shot him.. He's only 16 and he just murdered someone.

I just screamed and cried then someone pulled my arm.. It was my mom..

Mom: phi.. Phi.. Phiwe..I love you baby.. Alex! Co..come.. He.. Here baby..

Alex: (he snapped away from the sight in front of him) oh God.. Mom mom!

He came closer to us mom held his hand

Mom: take care of your Lil sister baby take care of her. I love you both.

And those were her last words

Me: mom stop talking like that

Alex just sat still. I was so mad at him how could he let mom talk like that

Mom took her last breath in our arms. I cried the most painful cry ever.. My brother closed her eyes and came to my side and comforted me.

It wasn't long till we heard police sirens from a far

Me:oh snap Alex dad is dead. The neighbors must have called the cops after so many gunshots

Alex: yeah yeah yeah.. Uhm..

Me: the gun Alex! The gun wipe your finger prints on it or else we'll get arrested.. And we have to get out of here.

Alex: yes yes bring me a napkin.

I quickly gave it to him and he wiped his prints off and I climbed on a chair to reach the cabinets at the top

Alex: Phiwe what are you doing we have to go

Me: we can't go without money now can we

I grabbed the box where mom used to keep her savings and then ran to the bedroom to take a few of our clothes..

Bang bang bang! Someone was knocking at the front door.