Sam's first Car

_______________

_______________

After a short drive my dad and I were sitting outside my brother's school his name is Sam we are currently waiting for him to come out. Soon I herd a familiar voice of my brother sounding very happy. " YES!" He jumped in the car as I moved to the back seat. "I got a A-!" Sam said. "Wait wait wait I can't see." Dad said grabbing Sam's grading paper and said that it's an A. "So I'm good?" Sam asked and dad just sighed "Your good." Then we speed off to where ever we're gonna get Sam first car.

"I got a little surprise for you, son." Dad said. "What kind of..." Sam said. Soon we pulled into a car lot that has rows and rows of Porshe's. "Yeah a little surprise." Dad said with a smirk as I was smiling like crazy over Sam's excitement. "No. No, no, no, no. Dad!" "Oh, you got to be kidding me." Sam said happily. "Yeah. I am." Dad said while I struggle to keep myself from laughing. "You're not getting a Porsche." Dad said then dad and I started laughing and Sam's smiled dropped immediately

"You think this is funny?" Sam said and him and dad started argue and that joke that dad did I was the one that told him to do it. As he drove to the other side of the road to a car yard that had rows and rows of crappy cars. "Your so cheap dad." I mumbled as I climbed out of the car. And all I heard was his laughter.

We then walked up to the 'car yard' while Sam started complaining about it. "Here? No, no, no, what is this? You said... you said half a car, not half a piece of crap, Dad." Sam said. "When I was your age, I'd have been happy with four wheels and an engine." Dad said "Ramona why did you have to donate all of your cars you could at least gave me one." Sam said "Because Sam I had to get money some other way. Besides even if I did still have those cars I wouldn't just give you one. I made them myself." I said. "Okay, let me explain something to you. Okay?" Sam said turning to dad. "You ever see 40-Year-Old Virgin?" Sam asked and dad said yeah. "Okay, that's what this is. And this is 50-year-old virgin. You want me to live that life." Sam said while I was watching a guy chasing a clown away. "No sacrifice, no victory." Dad said. "Yeah, no victory. You know, I got it." Sam said. "The old Witwicky motto." I said while my dad nodded.

Then the owner came and greeted Sam and Dad while I wondered over to the crappy cars. Walking around and looking at all the cars was boring and most of them looked like they were about to fall apart. Even I could make better car than these.

In the corner of my eye I saw a flash of yellow and a purr of an engine then it stopped. I then turned my head towards it and saw a old beaten up yellow and black 1977 Camaro sitting there. 'This car looks sorta better than the rest' I thought and walked over to it.

Looking over the car it wasn't half bad. It did need a major clean and maybe a bit of a touch up on its paint job but it was in good condition.

I then opened the door and hopped into the driver's seat and put my hands on the steering wheel. "Your not so bad' I said with a smile when I saw a bumblebee and a disco ball hanging from the rear view mirror causing me to laugh a little and mumble 'cute'.cute.

The radio then started to act up sing 'baby blue' then turned off with me looking at it with confusion but I shrugged it off. Must have been faulty wiring. I then saw something in the middle of the steering wheel and started to rub the dirt off to reveal a strange symbol.

Sam then walked over and started to look at the car. I moved over to the passenger seat as he got in. "Feels good." He said and looked at the symbol I found, while the car salesman started to yell at one of his workers about not knowing of the Camaro.

I then heard dad say "how much?" And Sam and I groaned. "Well, considering the semi classic nature of the vehicle, with the slick wheels and the costume paint job..."

I then interrupted him and said "Yeah, but the paints faded." And I nodded in agreement looking at the creepy sales guy next to me "Yeah but it's costume." I looked at the salesman and Sam said "Is custom faded?" "Well, this is your first car. I wouldn't expect you to understand. Five grand." The salesman said and looked up at my dad. I scoffed and looked at him.

"No, I'm not paying over four. Sorry." I looked over at Sam and he had a sad look on his face. Then whatever the guys name leaned in the windows and said "Kids, come on, get out. Get out the car."

"No, no, no. You said cars pick there drivers." I said and looked at the salesman "Well sometimes they pick a driver with a cheap-ass father. Out the car." The salesman said. He then walked over to the yellow car beside the Camaro and started to go on about it. Sam got out of his seat and I sighed.

I don't know why but deep down I wanna take this car home but this is a about Sam's first car not mine. 'I'm gonna miss you' I mumbled as I grabbed the handle on the door but it wouldn't open. I struggled with it until Sam slammed his car door and mine slammed into the car the weird salesman was in which caused me to gasp.

"Romona what did you do?" Dad said while I was still in a daze on what just happened. Dad asked if the salesman was alright. I then turned to the car radio when it said 'greater than man's by its self. Then a loud high pitch was the only sound everyone could hear.

I quickly covered my ears and all the windows on the cars around us apart from the Camaro's smashed. "What the hell." I said as the sound dyed down. Next thing I herd was what's his name yell 'four thousand!' At dad. Sam and I at each other and smiled.