Chapter 7: Mångata ✔️

Start from the beginning

By the time I'm finished, it's the middle of the day. I walk downstairs to the kitchen to grab something to eat because I'm absolutely starving. I see Alexander making sandwiches while Wonder and Demitrius sit at the island on their phones. "You're here. I was about to send Wonder after you." Alex says.

"Yeah. I just finished organizing my closet. Next time I shop with Lio, I'm giving ourselves a limit." I say tiredly as he chuckles. Just as I say that, said brother walks into the kitchen and grabs a plate with a sandwich and chips.

"Speak of the devil, and he shall appear." Alex says with a chuckle. Lio playfully side eyes him before turning back to his food. Alex hands me a plate that has a sandwich and some chips. I sit down on one of the unoccupied bar stools and start eating. Some time later, Lorenzo, Vincenzo, and Chris walk into the kitchen. They each give me a kiss on my head before speaking.

"So, we're meeting up with the rest of the family tomorrow at Nonno's house. He said it was about time we all had a reunion. Vincenzo and I were thinking that it's the perfect time to surprise everyone that Winter is back home." Lorenzo informs. Everyone, including myself, nods. "Speaking of the family, there is another matter I would like to discuss when you are all finished eating." Just as the twins are about to leave, Chris stops them and practically forces them to sit and eat with the rest of us.

When we finish, we all move to the living room since it's more comfortable and so everyone can sit comfortably. "Do you remember what Father talked to you and Wonder about when you two were little?" Vincenzo asks me.

"If you're talking about the mafia, then yes. He said he would teach Wonder and I more about it when we became older since we were too young to understand the concept of the mafia." I say. "Since he couldn't do that for me, my adoptive parents took it upon themselves to teach me."

"You're adoptive parents?" Alexander asks, confused.

"You mean, they didn't tell you?"

"Tell us what?" I sigh as Lio confirms my thoughts

"Do you remember Bampás' friend from childhood, Helios Galanis?" They nod. "When he left Greece for Brazil, Arturo Diaz, the head of the Brazilian Cartel, took him under his wing. He married Arturo's daughter, Valentina, and became the new head of the cartel. Bampás asked him to take me in and he accepted. He and his wife taught me about the mafias, cartels, and a few gangs."
(Greek- Papa)

"What do you know about ours?" Vinny asks me curiously.

"I know that our mafia is the Greek Mafia, obviously. We have business in drug-trafficking, weapon dealing, illegal alcohol, and money laundering. We're one of the most feared and respected mafias in the underground. We own many underground fighting rings, speakeasies, and host illegal races around the world. Demi and Lio are the number one street racers and Wonder is the undefeated underground champion in many countries. We modify guns for different things and make different kinds of throwing knives. We destroy auction houses and human trafficking organizations. Enzo is the αφεντικό (boss), Vinny, is the υπαρχηγός (second in command), Alex is the main χάκερ (hacker), Chris is the mafia γιατρός (doctor), Lio is the main σκοπευτής (shooter), Demi is the main βομβαρδιστικό (bomber), and Wonder is the main μαχητής (fighter)." I state.

"And what about the other mafias?" Chris wonders out loud.

"After us is the Italian mafia, our best ally. 37 year old Giovanni Ricci has been best friends with Enzo and Vinny since dad introduced them despite the age difference. After them is the Russian mob, another one of our allies. 29 year old Viktor Petrov is the leader of the Russians. Then comes 34 year old Matteo Cortez, leader of the Mexican mafia. We own a couple of underground fighting rings and speakeasies with them. Then comes our number one enemy. 31 year old Julius Wilson, leader of the American Mafia. He is known in the underground for his disgustingly popular auction houses. Then there's the Chinese mafia ruled by 27 year old Colin Zhang, Australian mafia ruled by 32 year old Oliver Jones, and the Egyptian mafia ruled by 30 year old Owen Hassan, who are all our enemies as well." I finish explaining what I know about our oh so normal world, and wait for one of them to say something.

"And your adoptive parents taught you all of that?" Emiliano asks, shocked, but impressed.

"Yes. They wanted to make sure that I knew my life was never going to be normal, and they wanted me to be prepared."

"Well, it's good that they did that. Now, we just have one more question." Lorenzo pops in, but he hesitates before asking his question. "Do you know what happened to Mamá, Bampás, and Nonna?"

(Greek- Mama and Papa)

(Italian- Grandma)

"I know that they passed a couple years back, but I don't know how."

"The American mafia ambushed them and held them captive for about a month. When we found them... it was too late." I look down at the information. I knew my parents were dead, which is why I wasn't curious about their lack of appearance the last couple days, but I never how or why. Now I do. "If you want, one day, we can take you to see them."

I give my eldest brother a small smile. "I would like that." After our discussion in the living room, we are notified that dinner is ready. We all enter the dining room and sit down in our seats while plated food is being served. After dinner, I retire to my room to see all of the boxes gone. I do my short nighttime routine which includes brushing my teeth, washing my face, and changing into a pair of shorts and a tank top before climbing into bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My eyes open when I hear my door creak open. I take a small glance at my alarm clock to see that it's 2:34 a.m. I'm on high alert, ready to end whoever decided to break into my room until I hear Wonder's voice

"Are you awake?" He asks in a whisper.

"Yeah. What are you doing up, it's almost 3 in the morning?" I ask him groggily.

"...nightmare." He says quietly.

I turn so that I'm facing my twin completely and open the covers with my arm. He doesn't hesitate to get in the bed, tucking his head in my neck while holding me close as if his life depends on it. Then again, maybe in some way, it does. "What was it about?" I ask, but he doesn't answer. "You don't have to answer Wonder, but if you don't, I can't help you."

"I just... I don't wanna talk about what I saw." He says.

"Ok. Well, how long have they been happening?"

"Ever since the day you left. They come some nights. Sometimes they don't come at all, but even then I can never get a good night's rest." He sounds defeated. "I just wanna find a way to stop it... to control them... my thoughts."

"You don't have to control your thoughts.

You just have to stop letting them

control you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~