Carlos: So we made it past qualitative and quantitative data, huh? I'll pick up a Statistics for Dummies book on my way home. Should I also pick up some cupcakes from that bakery on Walnut to celebrate the custody transfer?

Carlos hit send and sat back in his chair with a smile broad on his face. Mitchell looked over and laughed.

"Why do you look so smug? Don't you have a CPS case agent tearing through your financial, professional, and personal lives right now?" He asked.

Carlos nodded.

"That I do," He said. "But I also have an amazing boyfriend who is currently helping our foster daughter do her math homework at our kitchen table."

Mitchell's face broke into a smile.

"So it's official? The custody went through?" He asked.

"Yup, TK and I got the call from the case agent this morning. We're gonna tell Bailey tonight." Carlos said.

"That's gonna be so great. I'm happy for you guys." Mitchell said.

"Thanks Mitchell." Carlos said.

✵✵✵

The door blew hard and loud. TK dropped the lasagna pan at the sound and it shattered on the ground. His immediate thought was Bailey.

"Bailey!" He screamed, running toward the dining room before a bright flash blinded him and a bang sent him reeling to the floor clutching at his ears.

"Bailey!" He screamed again.

Everything was a blur; things were bright but dark at the same time. He saw feet in black boots and he heard screaming. Who was screaming?

✵✵✵

Carlos' shift was almost over but he wasn't exactly relieved.

"Carlos, you good man?" Mitchell asked.

Carlos bit the inside of his cheek and shook his head.

"I texted TK almost a half hour ago and he still hasn't texted me back," He said, looking over at his colleague. "If he was on shift I would figure he was on a call but he's home Mitchell, he's home with Bailey. They were doing math. Something's wrong."

Mitchell leaned on his desk and nodded.

"You're off in what? Ten minutes?" He asked and Carlos nodded. "Knock off early. Your gut hasn't been wrong yet Reyes, go check on your family."

"Thank you." Carlos replied quickly gathering his things, juggling them precariously as he left the bullpen.

He was almost out the door when another officer called to him.

"Carlos, wait." He called.

Carlos paused, bouncing on the balls of his feet.

"Oliver, can this wait? I've gotta get home, man." He said.

"You live at 736 Eucalyptus Drive right?" Oliver asked.

Carlos stopped, why did Oliver want to know that. He nodded.

"Y-yeah. Why?" He asked.

Oliver swallowed.

"Oliver, my boyfriend and daughter are there right now. Why do you need to know if that's my address?" Carlos pressed.

"Carlos, S.W.A.T. just raided it." Oliver said.

✵✵✵

"TK!" Bailey screamed again as a set of arms wrapped around her middle. "Get off of me! TK!"