traveling towards the heart of the Volturi

"The mortal girl was listening to our conversation, we can’t let her go, she knows to much,” Dimitri? I think stated to Jane, “wait what on earth are you talking about I couldn’t hear a word you lot we're saying, I promise, I don’t know anything.” I shouted so that everyone could hear me, all I wanted to do was go home now and forget this all ever happened. “The girl comes with us and the Mistresses can decided her fate!” Jane announced as she started to turn on her heel and we all walked back down the corridor she came from.

I was now being pulled along by Dimitri as we turned down a dark corner into a fairly lit and damp corridor then he let go of my arm and aloud me to walk next to Alice, who immediately took my hand in hers and pulled me to her side probably sensing my fear from the look on my face.

When Alice took my hand almost instantly I could hear something that sounded like a low growl coming from in front of me, but I couldn’t tell who or exactly where it came from or even why I heard it in the first place, so I just shrugged it off as my fear getting ahold of me and making me hear things.

To try and calm my racing heart rate I started listening to what the couple in front of me were saying. “Are you scared?” I could just about hear Bella say to mr dull boy who’s name I still don’t know but I like the name I’ve given him, we them came to a set of stairs Jane said in her silky soft voice “go ahead,” and with her hands gesturing for us to go in front of her down the stairs.

We all obliged and made our way down and as Bella and her boyfriend walked down the first step and he answered to her previous question stating plainly “No,” I then heard a scoff from behind me, I then whipped my head around to face Jane who was still stood at the top of the stairs.

She looked down at me and gave me a wide a grin before I turned around to rejoin everyone else by Alice’s side. Somehow we came towards something that looked almost like an elevator, how’s there an elevator in this old place? I wondered.

We all entered the small confined area with Jane following us in last, her facial features were stoic and cold when only moments before she was grinning at me almost in amusement ‘strange.’

The doors to the small elevator closed, and it started moving down. I was huddled up squished in the corner between the silver metal wall and Alice, I guess the saying I’m stuck between a rock and hard place would now come into place. If there’s one thing  I hate more then anything that would be confined spaces, so now my anxiety was going haywire, and it didn’t help that the atmosphere was giving of really creepy vibes and I would bet my money on it coming from those red eyed people. Oh ye and also their eyes are red which is just adding to the constant fear I already feel what are they, Vampires, no definitely not that’s just absurd.

After what felt like forever with the awkward silence and me and Bella not knowing where to look but deciding to glimpse at each over almost in asking, the doors to this claustrophobic death trap opened and we were all lead out by Jane in front then Dimitri and Felix and finally me, Bella, Alice and Mr. boring. We finally walked out of all the dark corridors and into a large almost waiting area which thankfully was filled with natural light, I looked other to the over side of the hall and noticed a small desk with a woman sat behind it, when she noticed us she stood up and said “Buon pomeriggio!” My Italians pretty awful to say I’ve been living here for a couple of years but I think she said ‘good afternoon’ in greeting to the two Victorian dress ups and Jane, who just ignored her and carried on walking.

Then Bella started asking questions again saying “is she human?” And Mr. weirdo replied “yes” and this just continued until I lost interest, well I lost interest until I heard Dimitri said “and so she will be,” well what does he mean by that, she will be what? Maybe I should have paid attention after all well that’s my own fault. Next thing I heard was Jane seemingly replying to Dimitri’s statement saying, “or dessert,” I could see a small smile that graced her lips and her shoulders moved ever so slightly as if she was chuckling at what she had said. Whilst she was saying that and I knew I should be scared by what she said or at least freaked out a bit which really, I was, so these people are cannibals as well as people who play dress up great, but I just couldn’t feel scared her smile almost made me feel calm in a strange way.

We all walked down the large hallway and as we did, I tried to take in all the details on the walls and ceiling, the architecture in this part of the building was simply stunning almost like what you would find in an ancient castle or maybe an old Library, they were so intricately done every little detail and the portraits that lined the walls were breath taking each was different and unique.

It was always one of my favorite parts of Italy, the art it was always unlike anything I had ever seen before and this place was no different. As we came to the end of the hallway there stood a large pair of doors decorated with gold finishing's, they looked terribly heavy, and Jane started to walk towards them seemingly going to open them which she did, and she did in a way that made it look effortless.

__________
Hi guys Chapter 5's out and I hope I've done well, I'm really enjoying writing this story, it's great fun to write.
As always sure to vote and leave a comment because they always make my day, until next time fellow readers.