9.5|| The Plight of Fame

Start from the beginning

If nobody had actually died, that meant that Ladybug's power didn't bring them back to life. It merely brought there bodies back to the present and unfroze them. So what would happen if somebody actually died during an akuma attack?

Elizabeth's best assumption was that they would stay dead forever. Ladybug had an amazing ability, that was for sure, but she was also certain that bringing people back to life was not part of them. Ladybug had the power of creation, not life. While she had managed to fix everything so far, Elizabeth was certain that the time would come when there was something she wouldn't be able to repair. All abilities, no matter how great, had limits. She got the feeling that Ladybug's limit was bringing people back from the dead.

With that thought, Elizabeth realized that she'd have to be more careful from here on out. The truth of how careless she had been today bitterly sunk into her being. She allowed Timebreaker to touch and suck the energy from most of her classmates before she tried (and succeeded) to stop her. Had Timebreaker actually killed them, they probably wouldn't be here now.

Elizabeth got lucky this time; she could have seriously screwed up. Her classmates could have died.

She couldn't let something like this happen again.

"I wish Night Angel would've been there as well," Nino stated, bringing Elizabeth out of her thoughts to listen in. "Despite being out in the open now, she's still a rare sight. She doesn't even show up to all the akuma attacks."

"That's because she's most active at night," Elizabeth replied, secretly defending her actions. She then tilted her head in curiosity. "Why did you want her to show up?"

"Well, the internet's always dying for more photos of her," Nino admitted, "Along with that, I have yet to see her in person. Ladybug and Chat Noir are so cool—I have pictures with both of them—but I don't have any of her."

"I get it. You want to complete the hero set," Nathaniel commented. Nino nodded in his direction.

"Exactly!"

Elizabeth shrugged; she supposed that made sense. Honestly, she was just happy that nobody noticed her using Jumbe's miraculous. That would've caused a whole truckload of problems she didn't want to deal with, now or ever. Then she noticed that the only blonde boy in their group was being strangely quiet. When she looked over at him, he was staring off to the side, seemingly lost in thought.

Her eyebrows pinched together. "Adrien?" she called out softly, "You alright?"

The boy blinked, glancing over to her and looking away again. He contemplated for a little longer before leaning over and whispering to her, "was it just me, or was there another superhero at the scene? I could've sworn I saw somebody else."

Shit.

Elizabeth's mind stuttered to a halt. Adrien had seen her as Sandstorm? How? She had been so careful. Heck, she allowed several of her classmates to get caught, which could have cost them their lives, all for the sake of privacy. How had he seen her?

More importantly, did that mean that the others had seen her as well? Was her secret out already?

The dirty blonde carefully studied Adrien's expression. His brows were drawn together and he had a small frown. She could see the doubt on his features; he was more apprehensive than confident. Elizabeth forced herself to relax. Adrien doesn't know what he saw, she assured herself.

And that meant she could twist him enough to ensure he stayed quiet.

Elizabeth put on a confused facade. "A third hero? Are you sure? I'm certain I only saw Ladybug and Chat Noir there," her mouth turned down into a frown, feigning concern. "Are you feeling alright?"