~ C H A P T E R E I G H T ~

It's funny yet refreshing at the same time, to think of how hard it is to let go of the things that calmed us down in our past, even if you know bygones are bygones and you've moved on and achieved something bigger and better than that. The scent of nostalgia is hard to ignore, however much you might have grown- there would never be things that'd replace your way of feeling at home. The nostalgia of those times are like a dream that keeps returning to kiss greater life into your soul.

The church of rock and pillars has been my safe haven and cocoon since long. Father Caemith stands as the service goes on, the typical Sunday Service. There aren't many people- a few pews are empty. I stand towards the middle of the row of pews. The sermon has been over for about forty minutes- the service is winding up. People turn around, wishing each other for peace to be with them.

The people begin to exit the church, a few standing back for the confessions and some to talk to Father for advice. I sit down, as I do, like always.

"You still come here."

I recognize the familiar voice and look up at the figure towering over me. I nod and he sits down beside me, leaning back on his seat. "I didn't expect you to come here as well."

"Nothing has changed, Isa," he sighs. "Theodore and Co won't change anything. The status of a billionaire won't change anything. And you know it."

"Maybe," I shrug, "But I supposed you'd be having work to do, even on Sundays. It's nice to see you here."

"Well, a little someone licked my palm last time I slacked," he smiles. I grin a little at the little memory that knocks on the doors of my mind.

I am skipping on my new white sneakers in the church as I see a mass of onyx hair a few rows in front of me. I jog over to him once Service is over.

"Hi," I mutter and then bow at his parents. Theros Theodore towers over my small, lean figure and ruffles my hair. "Are you here alone?" He asks me.

"Yeah," I nod. He doesn't ask me the reason why, and I am suddenly relieved he doesn't. Theros Theodore has been a hard man to lie to. Layla kisses my forehead, and pinches the frowning boy beside her to say 'Hello'.

"Yo," he mutters, squinting his eyes and scrunching his nose up as his parents go to the front to talk to Father Caemith. Father Caemith is a good man- he listens to me and also blesses me. "You're acting like the church is a drag to come to," I frown.

"I believe in loving God in my heart," he mutters and rolls his eyes, "I've more sleep to get on Sunday mornings."

"Don't be ri-di-cu-lous!" I tug a strand of his hair and pinch his cheek slightly and pat him, but a bit harder. He frowns, "You're smaller than me and you don't have the rights to lecture me, Mom," he stretches out 'Mom' in a mocking way and I step on his foot. He cocks his head and laughs softly and then grins, "You're light as a feather. You can dance on me and I'll sleep without a bother."

"Why do I think that'd really not happen, superhero?" I stretch the 'superhero' like he did- in a tauntingly annoyed voice. "I'd like to try that and see you not beat me up, pro."

"I don't beat 'little girls'. They CRY." He mocks me further and I slap him, this time harder. He rolls his eyes. "Pseudofeminist, try to accept the truth."

"Don't be an ass!" I whisper scream at him as a few people exiting the church eye us amusedly.

"Hey, you're barely nine, firecracker!" He bellows, "You shouldn't swear- and CERTAINLY NOT in a church! You were lecturing me not a minute ago!"