T.M.I.

"Jenny is your fellow disciple," Clarence stared, "I just recently began training her too." We continued to walk through the halls of the dojo attracting the attention on onlookers as the master rambled on and on about something boring. "Anyways Tristan, that is why you've got to pay attention and learn, okay?"

"Hm-yeah! Yeah!" Oops. Guess I wasn't going to be doing that last thing.

We arrived at a room and Clarence dismissed Jenny, "You know Tristan, those safes of yours were awful shifty about your powers..."

"Wha-I don't understand," I replied.

"Well, you see when Hephlingzer introduced them to me and told me what was happening, I agreed," the master sighed,"but when I asked about your powers, they dodged the question every time I asked... What I'm trying ask is, what's your talent kind?" He looked at me expectantly.

"Light," I mumbled.

"You'll have to speak up, on half deaf."

"Light! OKAY! I'm light and I don't know how to use or anything," tears began to well in my eyes.

"Well I," Clarence tried to hide his shock but was failed miserably as his mouth hung open and eyes were wide. "How do those fools expect me to be your doyen?! There hasn't been anyone with that property in hundreds of years!" Clarence got up from were he was sitting and began to pace, "if I'd known I'd have never accepted you as a disciple." He looked furious.

After several minutes of grumbling he sat back down I front of me on his small mat, "look, I cannot teach you to master this whatsoever, but I can teach you to use it. that's the best I can do."

With this I was dismissed, and I was more irritated about this whole light bullshit than ever. I walked to the door and opened it. A crowd of people that has their ears to the door fell in. Each of them looked shocked and quickly scrambled out of my way...

Trembling.

***

I was shown to a room and decided it would be best to just sleep, otherwise I'd end up braking stuff to vent my anger.

***

I awoke several hours later to knocking at my door, "Tristan."

I ignored it.

More knocks, "Tristan, psstt! Open the door."

"Ugh fine," I grumbled and opened the sliding paper door.

The girl from earlier barged past me and sat down in the middle of my room.

"So I heard your property is light," she grinned, "I'm an elemental myself."

"ARE YOU SERIOUS!!" I shouted.

"QUIET! DO YOU WANT TO GET CAUGHT?!" She shouted back and clamped her hands over her mouth immediately after. Several moments pasted before she began again. "Anyways, I wanted to talk to my new classmate," Jenny whispered.

"About what?"

"Training. Did Clarence say anything about it?" She asked, I swear she looked like a kid in a candy store.

"Just that he couldn't," I grumbled.

"What do you mean? Clarence is one of the Eleven Saints of the Elder Council! There's not a soul alive he couldn't train!" Jenny rushed, now whisper yelling at me.

"Well that's what he said," I replied nonchalantly.

"Have you tried training on your own at least?" She asked.

"Not at all."

"Well it's time you started," a mischievous light shone in her eyes.