60- motherhood (cool emoji glasses)

Start from the beginning

🖇

Ember bounced Harry on her hip, scribbling down little nothings for her to do once she got back to Saint Mungo's. Kaylee and a few other healers had taken over her patients while she was on Maternity leave. She wasn't complaining either. Being a healer was exhausting. Sure, it was rewarding to see the smiles on people's faces when she was able to help them or families that had nowhere else to go; it was just draining at times.

He slept patiently on her shoulder, sucking a pacifier in his little mouth. The boy would be around two months by now. He had become considerably less whiney but still had his moments where Ember would feel like she was speaking to a wall trying to get him to stop. It wasn't that Harry was terrible when it came to many things. He had learned to hold his head up and could briefly calm himself. He had also learned a hatred towards Sirius at times.

Whenever Sirius would hold Harry, trying to form a relationship with his godson, he would begin to cry and reach out for Ember or James. "Hah! See, even Harry thinks you're scary, Pads." James had said the first time the occurrence happened. (First, because it happened at least ten times, seven times where Sirius began crying too.)

Ember was finishing her last notes when Remus and Sirius boomed though the door, large smiles on their faces. "James is at work if your looking for him!" Ember called out, though she had to be quiet to not wake up sleeping harry.

"I am actually here to see my godson and you, my dear. Because something amazing just happened. Actually, revolutionary if I am being honest." Sirius whistled, skipping over towards her.

"Is that revolutionary thing finally trimming those luscious locks of yours?" Ember joked. Sirius's hair had been growing ou for years, he barley ever trimmed it. The black hair was at the point it could be put into a man-bun.

She sat Harry in the small crib they had in the living room. They had a total of two in the home, one in the nursery which had been in their room for Harry's first month and the one in the living room. It sat in a lone corner with nothing more in it than a sleep owl in it.

Sirius gasped, moving towards her and shaking her shoulders. "Can you really not tell what is different? Just try, look, do you notice anything. Anything at all..."

Ember looked the man up and down, searching for this mysterious 'change' in Sirius. She even looked to Remus for some assistance. he just chuckled and shrugged. "Did you... gain muscle?"

"Ooooh, flattered, but no. Look at my hands," Sirius smirked, putting his veiny hands in form of Ember. She flurrowed her eyebrows. They looked perfectly normal, his usual black, perfectly painted nails, a few small tattoos/ stick and pokes, and a ring on his ring finger... and a ring on his-

"You got married!" She gasped, staring at the ring. She looked to Remus and dropped Sirius's hands to look at his. "And you got married!You got married and didn't tell me?"

"Hey! We just did a courthouse wedding. We didn't want to do anything too big because of the war n' all. Speaking of war, Dumbledore wants you to come back soon. You're an amazing healer and great on missions." Remus frowned, not exactly wanting his best friend to be involved in all war until Harry was older.

She sighed, rubbing her hand over her mouth. "I know. I still have like what... two months on my maternity leave? I don't fancy spending that whole time doing stuff for the order. I mean they already have me solving big mysteries at home."