Eighteen: The Light Restored, Time to Return Home

I clutched Sein in my hands, and then I looked at Ori and everyone else. Ori gave me a thumbs up, knowing that I could change. "Come on! Let me out already!" snarled the Shade Lord. "Ok! Give me a second!" I shouted back. Sometimes, the Shade Lord got so annoying to talk to.

Everyone else was laughing around me. Son of a gun, I thought, growling. Even Sein laughed. 
"Seems like your void friend is getting on your nerves huh?" she said. "N-No!" I stammered. I gave Ori the signal for everyone tp turn around. Then, I slipped my cloak, nail, and mask off, still holding Sein.

Ori and the others turned back around to see me in my Shade Lord form. Using my tail, I wacked my things back to Ori. The first thing she picked up was my mask, and made it whole again. Holding my palms out, I looked at Sein, who began flying around my face. "What are you doing?" I asked her. "Oh, just checking you out that's all," Sein said, flying down to my tail.

Now me, being the curious thing that I am now, followed Sein down to my tail, and then I took her in my palms again. "Ori has told me so much about you, Shade Lord! You're just as amazing as she explained!" Sein chirped. She then snuggled my face. For a spirit orb, she was very warm.

I didn't feel my tail wagging happily back and forth. It felt nice to be with Sein for once. Patting her side, she floated back down to Ori, who was looking very pleased with herself.  I looked back at everyone else: my siblings, Naru, even Gumo. It felt so nice being a Lord of the Shades in front of all of them.

I picked up my mask. "Until we meet again, farewell!" I shouted, roaring at the lightened sky before returning to my mask. I fell back on the ground, in a much smaller state. Ori helped me up. "So Radiance is gone now, this means you'll return to Hallownest right?" she asked. "So, let's all wish you off!"

We all returned in front of the Spirit Tree, and the portal to Hallownest was in front of us. Ori began sobbing again, and we hugged. "I'm going to miss you so much Ghost!" Ori said through sobs. "Don't worry, when Nibel needs a hero, you know who to call on. Me, and my siblings," I said in her ear. I kissed her cheek too before we let go.

"Come on Ghost! Let's go!" Hornet shouted. They were fixing to jump through the portal. I waved to Ku, Naru, and Gumo, and they all waved back. "Goodbye, Nibel! Until again!" I shouted. Then the three of us leaped through the portal, leaving everyone, even Ori, behind.

--------------

I woke up back in the palace. The portal was gone, and all that was left was Hornet and Hollow. Radiance was gone, and that was all that mattered. It felt wonderful to be back home too. I missed Ori already; I still remember our encounter at Greenpath.

"Wanna go sparing?" Hollow asked, pointing towards one of the hallways. "That would be great!" I said. "Same here," Hornet replied. We made our way down to the battlegrounds. My fight with Ori, a spirit guardian. My girlfriend. 

It was weird, how people said that void and light cannot get along, but we did. In an effort to defeat Radiance, and banish her from the depths of Nibel. I wonder when our next adventure would be. Maybe with new allies, new friends, and even new foes.

Whatever those would be...... me, my siblings, and my allies would be ready for them.