Ten: How it Really Happened

I woke up with my body feeling much lighter than it was before. What had happened to me last night? As I got up to my feet, I felt a bit wobbly. I even fell on my butt! Looking around, I found a water puddle to look at. When I looked at myself, I was back to my normal form. I made sure my mask was secure to my face. It was thank goodness.

The weird thing was that I didn't have my cloak on! I touched my neck and gasped. Oh my lord! Where the flip is my cloak?! I screamed in my mind. I felt a tap on my shoulder. Turning around, I saw Ori. She'd just gotten up. She even giggled a bit when she saw that I didn't have my cloak on.

She had it in her hands. I took it from her and put it on. Much better, I thought, smoothing it out. Ori handed me my nail too. Now I was really normal. I looked at the sunrise in front of me. It really was a beautiful sight. Ori was wearing the cloak that I had worn before. When I saw her eyes, I knew she wanted everything to be explained.

Looking back at my hands, I then remembered what happened last night. I went to go find Ori, and then I became the Shade Lord, all because I wanted to show her the truth on who he really was. "Look Ori, I can explain," I said. "But why didn't you tell me?" she asked.

Void began leaking from my eyes, and I began sobbing. Through sobs, I said, "I-I'm sorry O-Ori. I didn't w-want to scare you that I-I'm p-part void god." Ori hugged me, and then kissed my mask. I blushed super hard. This was the first time she did that to me! I was still wobbly, so I fell back again.

Ori grabbed me to prevent me from breaking my mask again. "Take it easy, Ghost. You and the Shade Lord had a wild night last night. He told me that he was also you. But.... the Lord of the Shades.... he was nice to me," she explained to me.

I couldn't speak. My body still felt uncomfortable. It's always like this when I become normal after being the Shade Lord. "Hang on Ghost, I'm going to get you home! Just wait!" Ori said. I weakly nodded my head. She was able to call Ku and put me on Ku's back.

Once Ori had mounted Ku, we flew home. I could barely keep my eyes open as we headed back to Gumo and Naru. Soon, I felt weary, and I closed my eyes. Ori looked back at me and smiled. She knew I was gonna be tired from a long night.

-------------

When I woke up, I was in Ori's bed. Moaning, I tried to get up to my feet, but I collapsed again. Hornet laid me back down. "Take it easy Ghost, you had a crazy night," Hornet said to me. I looked at Hollow, for he was looking worried too.

"We told Gumo and Naru your secret Ghost," Hornet added. "They understood completely, and it seems like Ori now knows it too." I nodded, my body still feeling weak. I understood as well. New friends we can trust must know my secrets too.

Naru gave me some more fruits to eat and some nectar to sip on. Thanking her, I took the nectar glass from her hands. The nectar tasted so sweet as I drunk some of it. The fruits were able to help me regain myself. I still thought about having these back home in Hallownest.

"So little one, how are you feeling?" Naru ended up asking me a few minutes later. She put her hand against my mask, just to make sure I wasn't burning up. Turning to Hornet, Naru said, "It seems like your sibling is doing just fine. He isn't burning up or anything."

Hornet nodded and told Naru thanks. When I was back at full strength, I got up and sat on my rear. Ori did a double jump on her bed and landed next to me. "Glad you're ok, Ghost!" Ori said happily. Then, she said, "So, can you tell me what actually happened when you defeated Radiance?"

I nodded, and I began my story. "When I defeated Radiance, I was blow off of the ledge I was on, and then I encountered the Shade Lord. He was the one who finished Radiance. When all was done, the Shade Lord then sealed the two of us away into the void. Hornet was tending to Hollow after when he was freed from Radiance's grasp. They thought I was gone for good, sealed away in the void for eternity. But, I actually returned from the void, and with me, the powers of the Shade Lord," I explained. After saying all those words, I had to take a small break.

"So, that's why you can turn into the Shade Lord like that," Ori said. "He gave you his powers." Hollow stepped up and said, "He told us that when he came out of the void. We were relived to see Ghost ok." My throat felt much better after a quick sip of nectar.

Soon, we knew that we had to continue onwards to that dark matter taking life away from Nibel. We'd be finished if it began eating away the Spirit Tree. I asked Ori where it was coming from. She said, "The heart of the Forlorn Ruins. Where the element of winds resides. I suspect that it formed there due to the cold climate."

The four of us took our things and began to make our way out of Ori's house. I watched her hug Naru and Gumo again. "Ori, do be careful," Naru said, hugging Ori again. "Don't worry, I've got my allies with me," Ori said. Then she met us outside and handed me a map of Nibel.

I opened it up and gasped. There were so many lands! I saw our destination on the map. Looks like we were headed for the Valley of the Wind! Ori mounted Ku again, and not hesitating, I mounted Ku as well. Hollow and Hornet decided to follow behind. Saying farewell to Ori's home, we took off to the skies.