Thirteen: Return of the Shade Lord

Once the sun was behind the mountain peaks, I slid off of the rock and onto the grass below me. I heard the sound of wisps all around me. Hornet was right. We would of been dead if we kept on going. I was happy that Ghost agreed to us and all.

I watched Hornet and Hollow come back with firewood, but Hollow had most of it, since he had firewood in three tendrils! "Never knew you could do the tendril thing like Ghosty." I said, pointing at Hollow's tendrils. "Most vessels can do it actually. I mean, me and Ghost aren't the only two who can do it and all!" Hollow replied with a laugh.

Ku then suddenly squawked in front of us. "Ghost isn't here huh?" Hornet said, looking at Ku. She nodded, then went back to me. "I'm going to go find Ghost alright? Just stay put. I'll be back," I then said. I got up then began my search for the vessel.

It was dark, and I had a feeling that it would be hard to spot him in the dark. I felt the gravel under my feet as I treaded on the dark path, using some flashes to help me see clearly at night. I didn't have Ku with me, so I couldn't look in the air.

Ghost's POV

Coughing, I said to myself, "How far have I've gotten into this section? I need to find some straw stacks, if there's any in here." I stopped and looked, until I spotted the the haystacks. "Boom! There they are!" I said happily. But how was I gonna carry everything?

"Just turn into me and do it," the Lord of the Shades said unexpectedly. "When did you show up in my mind bro?!" I said going ballistic. "I have tendrils, so I should be fine! If you want a job then flip this, I'll give you a dang job!"

This made Shadey here pretty amused. "It's another night, and besides, I like this Ori girl. Is she your-" he then cut off. I knew what he was gonna say. "My girlfriend? Well, a little bit, but not a ton," I replied. "HA! I thought so!" the Shade Lord laughed. This made my face turn red. "Ok, you know what fine, just take over. I'm done with this," I ended up saying.

The Shade Lord didn't respond, but next thing I knew, my nail, cloak, and mask fell off again, and I was my shade for a few seconds before I was the Shade Lord again. Now time to get everything, I thought, picking up the haystacks and my attire.

Ori's POV

"Ghost! Ghost! Where are you?" I shouted. I couldn't even see him. I was guessing that he was back at the camp. I turned around, then felt a hand on my shoulder. I thought it was Ghost's hand, until I saw it was clawed. Turning around, I saw Shadey again. "Dude! Don't scare me like that!" I yelled, causing him to jerk his head back.

He snorted in my face, with void splotches appearing on my face and horns. I wiped everything off with a nearby leaf. "Hello again Ori," he said. "Sorry for the startling surprise, but you think you could carry these?" The Shade Lord handed me Ghost's nail, cloak, and mask. Yep, Ghost is defiantly the void dragon, I thought to myself.

We made our way back to camp, with the Shade Lord(should I just call him Ghost? I know they are two separate things, but what matters.) hiding in my shadow. It was cool how he could just slip in the shades. It's like he was a spy or something.

Hornet and Hollow had the wood up in place. When Hornet saw that I had Ghost's things in hand, she chuckled. "Alright, where's the shadey boy?" she said with a accent. I stomped at the ground with my foot, and the Shade Lord appeared from my shadow, complete with the haystacks. "Oh good you found them. Let's get started on these mats," she then said.

I finished one of the mats, then I went to sit back down on a rock. I watched as the Shade Lord wrapped his tail around one of the rocks and lay beside me, causing Ku to squawk and land beside me, trembling. "Ku, it's ok! The Shade Lord isn't terrifying! It's Ghost!" I explained to her. Ku walked up to his face, and she did not expect the head rub she got from him!

Once Ku was satisfied, she stayed with us the rest of the night. Hollow was fast asleep, and Hornet was strumming her nail. I happened to think of something. If Ghost could use his powers any time of the day, then I guess that they are more active at night. So I bet he rarely became Shadey during the day.

"Lovely night isn't it Ori?" I heard him ask me. I looked up. "It really is. In fact, this takes me back to last night, on top of the Gisno tree and all," I say. The Shade Lord laughed, and I joined in. I looked back at the empty vessel mask next to me, and then the nail and cloak. I picked up the mask and rubbed the forehead section of it. I could still see the darkness in the mask and all, and it felt kinda hard and kinda soft at the same time.

I felt the Shade Lord put his claws on my shoulders, and I looked into his void eyes. His other two clawed hands were clutched to my back. "It's amazing how I got to meet you Shade Lord," I said. "The Spirt Tree was right about you and Ghost being together, possessing each others abilities. You both make an excellent team," I said. Then I felt a peck on the top of my head.

Looking up, I noticed that the Shade Lord kissed the top of my head! "I had to," he said. "What you said was so nice to us. I'll tell Ghost that once I become him again alright?" I nodded and yawned. I laid down on the rock, with Ku resting at the rocks base, and the Shade Lord placing his head down on the rock and wrapping his body around it.

I took one finally look at Shadey, then Ghost's mask. After kissing Ghost's mask, the two of us fell asleep with the glowing fire slowly dying behind us.