i love you

" we were wondering when we'd see you again.. soldiers".

My body felt cold and drained like all my blood had left. I instinctively grabbed onto buckys arm for some sort of comfort.

The old general who tortured me and bucky for years sat infront of us on a little chair in the middle of the room.
We both turned to run out the door but it was slammed shut infront of our faces.

" and I see you've already met associate".

Fear and anger bubbled inside of me as I stared at the man, my grip on buckys arm tightened.
" y/n who is that?"

The man pulled a sad face towards us.
" im hurt, she didn't mention me?"

He walked up to me stretching his arms out for a hug so I punched him strange in the nose.
He huddled over clutching his nose.
" you fucking whore".

" y/n please, who is that?" Buckys mission patience was starting to wear out.

" that's the man Nat set me up on a date with when he tried to... uh attack me"
My breath hitched in my throat as the man winked at me from his bloody nosed state.

Without neither me or bucky realising, the old general snuck up behind me and stabbed a needle into my neck.
" what the- what is it"

My eyes started to droop but I didn't feel tired, I felt mentally weak and drained.

" its a new little mix we made that stops your powers for some amount of time"

My legs gave up underneath me making me fall onto my knees.

" What was the point of all this?" Bucky held his gun up towards both of the men. " we have many soldiers out that door ready to fight just you two"

They both laughed walking back over to me sat on the floor.
Sticking another needle in my neck they pulled out a great deal of blood.

" get off her" bucky held the general up by his neck attempting to take the blood vile off of him but before he could the general chucked it to the other man who dropped it through a shoot.

" smile to the camera soldiers"

We were being watched by someone, someone who needed my blood and were prepared to lose many men for it.

" that's going to be very helpful, thankyou soldier"

My strength started to build back up as I brought myself up, bucky dropped the general on the ground and came over to help.

" y/n can you -   were here" the intercoms sounded on again.

The door was burst open behind us sending me off balance and partially blacking out.

I waved in and out of consciousness, visions of shooting and fire then the floor of the woods and finally the quinjet landing bay doors before I woke up.
I sprang up off of the table I was laid on as Bruce tried to look at my neck.
" woah, you're okay y/n. Were back on the jet" he stroked my back until my shoulders shrunk back into their normal place.

" what even was what just happened?"

" that was the rest of hydra, they set that whole hostage situation up just for your blood. I imagine that man who supposedly worked for Shield was infact a mole for hydra" Steve walked over to the table I was now sat on and gave me a small smile.

" that man was probably trying to kidnap you the night you went out, good thing you can run like the wind in heels" Nat laughed a bit giving me a massive hug, she felt guilty for not seeing what that man was until too late.

Bucky sat at the back of the jet with his back turned to everyone else.
" is he okay?" I turned pointing to buckys back.

" im not too sure, maybe you should speak to him".

I hoped off the table and slowly approached bucky gently placing a hand on his shoulder.
I applied pressure giving his tight shoulders a go at being de-stressed.
Leaning over I planted a kiss near his ear.
" are you okay bucky?" I continued to stroke his shoulders as he reached his metal arm up to hold my hand on his shoulder.

" yeah dee, I just feel like there's more I could've done to help you" he rested his head against our joined hands.

" none of us knew that was going to happen bucky, don't beat yourself up"
I placed a kiss on the top of his head.

" ill try not to".

The rest of the flight I spent wrapped up in buckys arms on a large chair in the back of the jet, we both slept for a while knowing we were safe.

———

" time for drinks!" Tony shouted as we left the quinjet and walked back into the compound.

" omg y/n you're safe" wanda ran up to me with Alpine behind her chasing the long skirt she had on.
She gave me a massive hug and bucky picked up Alpine to do just the same.

" everyone take a glass please"
We all stood there with our glasses of red waiting for Tony to say some words.

" as good as family missions go, I've seen worse. Especially that time where cap said ' language' like come on grandad" we all chuckled as Steve went red.
" on a more serious note, I'm glad were all safe".

We all cheered each other filling the room up with glass clinking noises.
I pulled bucky off to the side so I could talk to him privately.
" as bad as today went, I'm very happy it went bad with you".
I smiled as we both slightly blushed.

" I love you y/f/n"

" I love you too James buchanan barnes"

His face cringed " don't call me james, gives me ptsd from your scary ' I hate bucky' days".
We both laughed clinking our glasses and giving eachother a few kisses.
The team was glowing, everyones dirty and disgusting from our fight but it really looked like home.

A/n: tomorrow ill do a final chapter/s of something spicy ;) then I feel like I should move onto Tony, thoughts?.