birthday boy

" y/n.." me and bucky had just woken up but stayed in bed to cuddle for a while so he could play with my hair.

" yeah buck"

"... do your scars hurt?"

" not anymore why" every once I a while he'd feel guilty, which was understandable but very upsetting.

" just wanted to make sure"

" they're okay bucky... anyway birthday boy how about we make you some birthday pancakes?"

Trying to change the subject but also very hungry.

" yes please, can we do blueberry pancakes?" He pouted like a little puppy.

" yes we can but don't forget to pretend to hate me when we go out there, wanda went into my room the other night and I wasn't there so I had to lie"

The team still didn't know but honestly neither did we, we were having sex but were we really anything?

" I promise to hate you if you promise to hate me"

As requested I made blueberry pancakes for the team but really they were for him, after breakfast most of the team sat in the living room bringing presents in.

Sam got bucky an mp3 player with all his favourite songs on.
" old school I know but I think you'll like it"

Steve like he promised bought him some new gear and knives which bucky spent some time playing with before opening other presents.

Nat brought him his leather jacket with the left sleeve missing which he loved.
" thanks Nat, it will save me the trouble ripping it off myself".

" did you get bucky a present dee?" Tony asked from across the room making everyone look my way.

" why would she get him a present" sam questioned which was true, you don't usually buy things for people you supposedly hate.

" I actually did get him something but I'll be getting it later"
Bucky smiled at me sincerely, he didn't know what I was getting him but I think he will like it.

—————

" Hey y/n" Sharon waved me over to herself and Steve.
" we're having a little get together in an hour for bucky, just the team and some alcohol. Tony's idea of course, you in?"

" yeah definitely thankyou"

This was good for bucky, he didn't like big parties with strangers.

" Hey Bucky are you coming down now?" He knew about the party and had showered prior, I picked up his gift not too long ago but was waiting till after the party to give it to him.

" yeah let's go" he had a simple pair of jeans on with a tight shirt, if people weren't expecting us I'd have taken him right then and there.

" spin the bottle! Spin the bottle!" Tony, thor and a few others chanted.

Tony was the first person to spin landing on Clint who had turned up for buckys birthday.
Tony had been drinking prior to the party so he was ready to kiss Barton on the lips if he hadn't given him the cheek.

Clint rolled next landing on Sharon which Steve wasn't too happy about but he let it slide, it was a party anyway.

Sharon span landing on me which peeked the boys interest, so easy men.
A quick peck on the lips and we sat back down.

My spin span for ages but eventually slowing down onto bucky ( shocker).
I grew red in the cheeks, I didn't want to give us away but maybe I did.
Crawling across the floor I sat infront of him with my hands on his legs.
" for the birthday boy" I said hyping myself up.

Leaning in our lips met very gently, not like our usual times.
Almost naturally his hand reached up to hold the side of my face longer which definitely changed the mood in the room.

" I think the birthday boy has had enough" sam spoke up breaking us out of our little moment causing us both to sweat a bit more than before.

I sat back into my space slightly embarrassed.
" what was that about" Nat whispered into my ear.

" what do you mean?" I whispered back confused.

" I thought you said you two were just sleeping together"

" we are, why?"

" that was more than a ' sleeping together' kiss dee" crap maybe she was right, it was different.
It felt loving.

The party finished up at around 11 and we all made our way to our own rooms.
I made bucky sit in his room and wait for me to come through from my room.

" okay.. close your eyes bucky and hold out your hands" he sat on the edge of his bed like a giddy child doing what I said.

I placed the present into his hands and his eyes immediately shot open at the texture but then softened.

" oh my god y/n you didn't"

" you're not mad are you?"

" no not at all"

He pulled the white fluffy cat close to his body and lightly pet it.

" does he have a name"

" yeah, he's called alpine"

Buckys face looked so soft and protective, it caused butterflies in my stomach and my heart felt fluttery.

Me and bucky spent the rest of the night playing with alpine, I had bought a bed and many other toys.
I also bought a leash and collar so we could let him roam around the compound as soon as everyone met him.

Tonight changed a lot, the kiss and then seeing him so careful and soft around alpine made me want..more.
Maybe we deserve more.