Chapter 4 - First Kiss

He was James. The man I met that night was James, the beast. But right now he was more like an angel to me. Both men stood there watching each other, when I shouted “they killed Emily”. His head snapped in my direction and his eyes went dark, I didn’t know because of finding me there or for finding out his sister was dead. Probably to find his sister was dead. Then in the gap of some seconds I saw him change, he lunged for Tom and hit him hard in his jaw. Then on his head with his gun. Tom went back and banged himself to the dustbin in the corner and blood started out of his mouth. Yeah you deserve that jerk! Then as he was about to stand James loaded his gun and fired 9 shots all over Tom’s body. He felt down and slowly I saw blood getting all over the space around him. Dead, Tom was dead. And now I got to know why they called James a beast. Cause he was one. All my thoughts and hopes of meeting James again vanished and fear took place as he turned towards me. Same black hood, black jeans and black boots, just a difference was that he had a gun in his hand today. He slowly removed his hood and I saw his face more clearly. He had grey eyes filled with rage, yep definitely a beast. His face had sharp edges and clean, but he had a scar on his forehead on the right side that went down till his right ear. The scar didn’t make him look ugly but just an evidence that he might have gone through a lot. I stood there staring at him until I realised how close he was to me. Wait, when did he crossed the distance between us, was I that lost in looking at him or basically drooling all over him. He was close too close. My breaths started coming in pants. He stared at me silently and then his eyes flickered over my forehead and it went dark again. Dangerously dark. He touched my forehead and wiped something which I realised was my blood when I saw it on his finger. I didn’t know what to do or what to say so I just stood there staring at him. He lifted his and brought it to my lips touching it, not much, just slightly. But his slight touch was mesmerising to me. I felt that pull in my stomach again. He stared at me then said, “Come along”. Then I felt him put his hand around my waist and started towards my office direction turned and started walking. Not really walking as I had to quite run just to keep pace with his long strides. Usually I didn’t let people boss me around. But with him I did as I was told. And also his hand on my waist felt too good. There was something in his touch that felt too right. We reached NYP in about 12 minutes with his walking speed as my running speed. Damn this man was fast. Once reached instead of entering the building from the main entrance he took me to the other end of the building to a small door. I soon realised that this was the secret entrance that was used by MIB to enter Grumpy’s cabin. Entering the cabin we expected, ok at least I expected to find Emily’s dead body, but was stunned to find nothing. There was no Emily, correction no Emily’s dead body. But how? How was this possible? I left her here. This place was total mess when I ran from here and now there’s no trace of a single blood drop or any kind of mess. Lost in my own thoughts I spoke, “No one would be able to know what had happened here.” I was speaking more to myself rather than him. But he still heard me and replied, “That’s how they function.” His voice was deep but different from earlier. There was something different in his voice this time. There was anger, rage but along with that there was something else too. I wanted to find what it was. I wanted to know him. All of him. So I asked him, “Who are they??” He turned to face me, and I was shocked to see what I saw in his eyes. It was no anger, no rage. His eyes were dark but not with anger nor rage but with guilt. He was in guilt. James, the beast was guilty. I could see raw pain in his eyes. I wanted to take it away, but I didn’t know him that well, so how could I go that near to him to ease his pain. But then as soon as the realization hit him he hid his pain behind his anger and spoke, “VULTURES, they are the VULTURES. And now my dear they want you.” And with that he turned and started towards the secret door again. I stood there stunned to hear what I just did, it took some seconds for it to download in my system and as soon as it did I had to ask him what was he talking about? How was I related to this? This wasn’t my mess so why did the VULTURES want me and who the hell are the VULTURES?? All questions were rolling in my head making it spin. I took a deep breath and called out for him “James??” By the time I called him he had reach to the door. Hearing me he stopped. And turned. His eyes dark again. He took steps towards me but this time my legs were Jell O. I stood there frozen with the look in his eyes. He was dangerous. He came to me and we were inches apart. He lowered down his head and something told me he was going to kiss me this time, for real. My legs were now feeling numb. He caught me by my waist with his one hand and the other went behind my neck to pull it back. Then he lowered his head to meet my lips. God his lips felt too good, his touch felt too good. I was drowning in his warmth. His mouth was exploring mine and was losing everything in his simple touch. By the time he broke the kiss we were both panting for air. I tried to gather some strength and move away from him but his hold on me was too tight for me to even move away from him. We were again standing inches apart. He brought his mouth close to my ear. “Richard” he said. I was confused. What was he talking about and who Richard is now? Sensing my confusion he spoke “my name.” “Then why were they calling you James.” “For them James, for you Richard. Never call me James, unless you mean it.” “Why, what is it with James?” “Because James is the beast, and now you decide whether you want to stay with James or Richard, coz either way you are coming with me.” “Wait, what??” he didn’t wait to answer me this time. Instead he caught my hand and pulled me along with him. I didn’t want to go with him. I had to be home by now. Dad must be waiting up worried. I had to go. Where was he taking me. Shit this was all so scary. So when we reached his car in the back of the alley. I gathered all my wit and yanked myself out of his strong hold and ran. I could hear him cursing behind me. But I had to go to dad or police. Yeah, police. I had to inform them whatever had happened. They could help me. But before I could even cross the alley he stormed with his car in front of me making me stop. He then stormed out of it grabbed me and threw in locking the car. This was kidnapping. He was kidnapping me. I started shouting for help “help!! Help!!” I kept on shouting and he did something I never expected him to do. He pulled out the gun and pointed it right in my mouth and then he said “Listen lady, I am here trying to be good to you. My sister gave her life to save you. Her last wish was to save you and I’d go any extent to keep you s…keep her last wish. You have no idea who VULTURES are what they can do to you. I just lost my baby sister and I even lost her body which I will for sure get back. With you I am trying to be Richard but you, you are pushing me way too much to become James.” He growled. “Richard and James are one and the same.” I snapped back at him. He smiled at me. Evil. His voice became husky when he spoke again, “yeah, they are one and the same. It’s Richard James and that’s me. But my dear, where Richard is the guy trying to be good and be polite to you, basically sitting right in front of you now. James is a Beast, and trust me when I say that you don’t want to see that part of me.” With that he went back to his seat and started in the dark and I was frozen in my seat. Yes I guess I believe him I don’t want to see the James side of his.