ONE - Court Talk

Published Date: 210421

Edited: 220808

☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️

The dribbling sound of the ball hitting the green court is echoing through the silent night. From afar, people can barely see anyone playing there since the court is in the secluded space right in between the woods at the end of the hill in that residential area. The pale-looking guy who just climbed up from the other side of the hill breathes heavily when he arrived at the court while holding both of his knees. He shakes his head looking at the court. The girl, who is the source of the noise keeps dribbling and most of the shoots she throws make into the post.

"Your shoot looking just fine to me!" - The guy shouted with his hands circling his mouth to make his voice louder for the girl to hear

Just when he said those, the girl failed to score her shoot at that time.

"Aigoo, as soon as I said that you cannot make it. I have been watching you in silence for a while and it looks as good as before." - The man continues.

The girl sighs.

"That's the problem. It won't work when I realise people are watching me playing." - Her eyes instinctively went down to the concreted court.

She takes the basketball to the ground and slowly sits down, not caring about the slightly wet court from the heavy rain this evening.

"Hey, hey, hey! Watch out! the floor is still wet! Aish this girl. She never cares about her image at all!" - He blabbers while he grabs her forearm before moving her to sit on the better side of the same floor.

"Come on Sowon, tell me what you are thinking about. There's always something wrong when you behave like this." - The guy snorted.

"Haih~ it's just, I cannot play basketball the same anymore Sehun-ah. I cannot score any shoot when I know people are there watching over me." - Sowon tells.

"Relax. Take it easy Sowon. Don't force yourself like this." - Sehun advises her.

His right-hand moves to her back and caresses her, knowing very well that act always works to make her feel a little bit at ease

"I wish I can be relaxed about this. The coach keeps forcing me to get out of this slump since there have been so many games wasted because I cannot join it. They couldn't find any better or someone as similar to my skills in that school." - She looks down and moves her right hand to intertwine it with Sehun's other hand which is free from caressing her back.

Sehun gladly accepted it and tighten their intertwining to make sure she knows he is always there for her.

"I will go and talk to your coach tomorrow and explain this to him."

Sowon shakes her head, not wanting Sehun to waste his time by doing that.

"Please no. The last time I talked about this with him, he punishes me to run three whole laps while doing a zigzag pattern at the school field during lunch hour. You don't even want to imagine how hot the weather was on that day."

Sowon pauses. The look in her eyes is uncertain but Sehun is quick to notice that. He moves his hand from their intertwine and makes Sowon turn her head to him. Their eyes met. 

Being a Park Sowon, she cannot escape from it when Sehun succeeds in making contact with her eyes like that.

"Besides that, I am facing another problem too. My homeroom teacher forced me to study with the class' brain and fix my grade. I really don't want to do that but our teacher didn't want to accept any excuses from us both. You know how much I hate it when I need to interact with guys right?" - Sowon sighs again.

"Hey, don't say that. I am a guy too." - Sehun adds.

"I know you are. But, you are from a different breed compared to them." - She replies.

Sehun smiles hearing that while his right-hand moves to hug her from her side while making her head falls on his right shoulder indicating that she can lean on him whenever and wherever she wants.

Sehun smirks.

"I know that too. Date me then. Make me yours." - He adds.

"Aish. Ya Oh Sehun! I'm being serious here." - Sowon hits him on his chest with her right arm and she then proceeds to pinch him there too.

"I am also serious Sowon-ah. Auch. Ya, ya, ya be careful! Don't pinch my nipple!" - Sehun winched in pain while trying to catch her hand from continuing pinching him.

Sowon immediately stops her doings and her both cheeks go crimson red. She didn't realise her hand pinch him elsewhere. 

"You and your cute blush." - Sehun chuckle looking at Sowon's red cheeks and he squeezes them hard until his eyes form eye-smiles while his thin lips go thinner like a straight line.

" -  Sehun chuckle looking at Sowon's red cheeks and he squeezes them hard until his eyes form eye-smiles while his thin lips go thinner like a straight line

"You and your cringe pick-up line." - Sowon matched the rhymes with him while letting go of Sehun's hands on her cheeks.

"Should I tell you more?" - He adds. Being proud of his pick-up lines somehow.

"Try me then." - Sowon shrugs her shoulders.

"Do you believe in love at first sight?" - Suddenly Sehun changes his face to a serious one. He even fix his body posture when he asked that question.

"I do believe it even though I have never been in one. Well, most of the time, loving someone can be blinding." - Sowon answers.

"If you believe it, then, forget about you knowing me. Should I walk past you again so that you can fall in love with me at first sight?"

"Uweeeekkkk 🤮" - Sowon made the vomiting face after her brain proceeded with what Sehun meant.

"Hahahahahah!" - Sehun laughs out loud after he knew he succeeded in making her cringe.

But deep down inside his heart, he really meant it. How he wishes that Sowon could fall in love with him at the first sight as other girls do. No matter how many times he says that he likes her, Sowon never responded to his confession. Well, maybe because he never made it look like he is serious about it. Who knows?

☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️

PS: Let me know what you guys think about this since it's been a while since I write something again.