Human Bombs

The news said it all. People were becoming living bombs with tech too advanced for time period. Some people thought it was a mutant ability while others believe it's a terrorist attack.
The man were looking for couldn't be found by Charles for some reason. Who I knew was responsible for the attacks. His face'd seen somewhere before but couldn't pinpoint where. This meant we couldn't find the dimension traveller until we saw him with the jet again.

Walking into the living room across from the kitchen to Peter and sat on his lap. I was reading at the time so didn't notice the stares I got. Along with a raised eyebrow from Scott. Peter wrapped an arm around me looking at the book I was reading.

"I thought you had read all the advanced chemistry books?" Peter said removing the sudden silence of the room.

"Raven brought one back from their meeting the other day. Some things are different in here. About mutant genes. It's interesting." it went silent again. Kurt was eating some chips which was quite loud.

"So are you two like dating now?" Scott said and I looked up from my book. Jene suddenly stood making all of us look at her.

"Someones here." Frowning I flicked out my phone.

"I don't see anyone on the cameras I set up. Or the heat monitor." She was in deep thought for a moment longer making Scott stand also.

"I can't read them. They're above us." She went on walking making everyone follow her. Peter stood next to me as we went outside. There wasn't anything until a red dot went to my chest.

"Gene where are they?" she pointed at an area of the sky. Clicking my fingers a light ball floated above my fingers for a moment before I flicked it into the air. A suit flickered and the gears went haywire before landing on the ground.

"Very impressive." The arms and legs adjusted themselves before standing up straight once more.

"Who are you? What are you doing here?" Scott stood forward holding onto the side of his glasses.

"I am Zeke Stane and I'm here to find the buzzing bee who came to this world with me." He's Obadiahs, son. Of course. The shitty rival dad always talks about.

"You're Obadiah's son? Seems you're keen to follow in your families footsteps." His head turned slightly.

"So you're the little brat who managed to warp through time and space with me." Crossing my arms I rolled my eyes.

"(y/n) stark at your service."

"Your Starks child. Well, if he were here he'd be happy to know I'm the one who ended you."

"Yeah, I seriously doubt that. What's your goal here Zeke?" the robot moved closer and everyone shuffled. Charles and Raven came out of the house.

"Since my father died trying to rule over a world I will succeed in ruling another."

"And using people as human bombs is getting you to that goal?" Raven started weaving through the small crowd towards the iron suit.

"Fear is a great persuader. None of you can stop me."

"I'm sorry but we can let you leave."
The jet came into view aiming its guns at the suit. I raised an eyebrow.

"But you're not actually here are you?" There was a dark Chuckle as the suit opened up. A man was in there looking terrified.

"You have the same wits as your father. Goodbye (y/n) stark." just as I grabbed Raven's forearm pushing her back a blast followed. Getting ready for the impact there was none. Peter moved the body down to the forest and stood beside me watching as it went off.

---

"We need to find him, Charles. People are dying." Raven was talking to Charles in his office. Rather loudly from the shut door. I was sitting on the stairs thinking things through.

"Hey (y/n)." Peter said sitting down next to me holding a packet of chips. "Dorito?" Not moving an eye from its current position of carpet I blindly went for the bag.
"We'll find him. Don't worry. Charles cleared Brian and they know more about this than us. This will be over in no time." But Zeke worked out dimension travelling, how could he but not dad or me? Letting out a sigh I rubbed my forehead for a moment.

"Thanks for you know saving me." Peter smirked shrugging his shoulders.

"Wasn't a fan of having a dead girlfriend is all." Smiling I leant my head onto his shoulder sighing again and quickly kissed his cheek.

"Oh yeah not to mention the mansion might have blown too. Where would you sleep?" Peter chuckled still eating.

"I'm going after him." Raven slammed the office door making Peter and I turn. From the angle we were at we couldn't see Raven until she went straight past to the lab.

"Are you going with her?" Peter asked and I rubbed the back of my neck.

"(y/n) will be staying here." Charles came rolling out. "He wants to remove you from the equation and it will only be easier if you go marching in blind."

"So I'm meant to weight on other people while they risk their lives from a guy in my universe?" Charles sighed.

"No, just until we're not going in blind. I'll talk to Raven to keep it a stealth operation." And then he went off leaving Peter and me again.

"You're going after Zeke aren't you." I raised my eyebrow.

"The moment he sees me human bombs will go off. Better to listen to Charles."

"That's a first." Rolling my eyes at him I stood extending my hand.

"Come on wipe the Dorito chip off your mouth were going to your room. Some stress relief is needed." The chips were gone in an instant and Peter picked me up bridal style zipping up to his room.