Radio signals

I'd found my way to the underground lab. Wasn't hard and now I had a place to work out home to get home. But something was bothering me. Hank, the man who was now staring at my calculations mentioned a few things that I don't remember happened in history class. All about Mutants as they call it.
From what I know most people don't have superpowers like me. And mine wasn't naturally born anyway.

All this was making everything that much more complicated.

"What is your name by the way." Hank suddenly asked as I was writing down another question.

"(y/n) stark. I'm 17 turning 18 in a month." Moving back over to the bench where id torn apart a radio to rewire it as a receiver Hank watched me closely.

"And what would you be doing right now?"

"I thought you would have known science man." seeing out of the corner of my eye his confused face I huffed. "It's going to be a receiver. I'm hoping that taking elements from what they were experimenting means I can talk to them. That or making the same machine..... But that could lead to well this." My stomach lightly grumbled which I ignored still focused on connecting the wires along with the circuit board.

"I'll be back." Humming I went on with what I was doing. Until the doors opened and a gust of wind followed.

"Anything you want speedy?" A packet of chips sat between us, he was already eating a twinkie.

"Nope. I'm the next on watch." watch? And here I thought they were fine with me now. Although I guess I was a bitch.

"Why? think I'm gonna blow the place up or something?" He shrugged his shoulders.

"Don't know (y/n). Apparently, you're dangerous and I believe in the professor." Not saying anything back while screwing on the metal plate my stomach growled. "My names Peter by the way." Raising my hand to salute him I heard a light chuckle. "You're not the most talkative person are you." Glancing up at him I tapped my phone that was connected to a speaker that I had to make so there was a decent speaker around here. Some music started to play and Peter just grinned eating some chips. "So you're a fan of ACDC?" Listening to this made me miss home more. It hasn't fully sunk in that I'm stuck here but now knowing dad isn't here to just jam out with me. A long sigh left my lips.

"Yep, you not a fan?" He dramatically gasped making my eyes roll.

"She speaks. Yeah, I got a few of their albums, but I'm more of a Pink Floyd fan myself."

"Ah, alternative rock. Well, then you'd like Narvara of maybe even muse." His head tilted to the side while his eyebrow arched. "Oh well, I guess you've got something to look forward too." Next adding on the top it almost looked like a normal radio and since from what I've gathered I'm in a different universe then it might and I mean might be easier to contact dad.

"Why not show me now." Peter now sat next to me hoping in his seat towards my phone. I slapped his hand away. "It's so cool. What can a phone do?" squinting my eyes while attaching a few nobs on top of the radio to tune I glanced over at him staring at it.

"Uh call people, text, games, watch videos with internet you can look up basically anything now that I think of it."

"Texting? What's that."

"Like an email but more personal." And for a moment it was quiet other than the music playing until he started tapping the floor quickly. Turning the music off to test out the radio Peter whipped his head around to look at me. "Please work," I whispered having a small mic to talk into. Turning the dials radio waves came through as I tried tuning in but nothing just silence. "Come on, dad pick up." Turning the radio dials more there was nothing hitting my head on the counter a shaky breath left my lips along with a stomach growl. I'd been down here for six hours, I was tired, hungry and frustrated.

"You've been down here for almost seven hours. Maybe some food will help you think." wait seven? That last hour flew by. Not responding I felt everything rush by me and the room was now louder. Raising my head I was now in a kitchen with Peter standing on the opposite side of the counter.

"Take me back down there. I need to get home." Going to stand up I was pulled back down by Peter.

"It's not good to not eat. We rest and food will help you think." The professor came around the table where some people were eating.

"To survive you only need 1,200 calories a day, 7 hours of sleep per night and 8 glasses of water. Since I've gotten all that in the past twenty-four hours I'm fine." Before I could stand he rolled in front of me.

"And what about stress. How does that affect your mental health?" Sucking in a long breath I sighed.

"It can suppress your immune system, upset your digestive and reproductive systems, increase the risk of heart attack and stroke, and speed up the aging process. It can even rewire the brain, leaving you more vulnerable to anxiety, depression, and other mental health problems. But none of that means anything. I've lived with my dad through wars this is nothing." There was a pick on my neck and a wave of tiredness washed over me.

"I'm sorry (y/n) but until we know more about you...." and I was out like a light.