26

"Kain na!" 

I heard Sev from downstairs. Paano ba naman, 'tong mga 'to nakipagsleepover pa. I went down with Khari in my arms. Kal followed me. Silang lahat nasa table na. "Nauna pa kayong umupo, ha? It's like kami 'yong visitors here." I said and sat down after placing Khari in his little space sa sala. We ate what the girls prepared for breakfast. Tamang rice, egg, and bacon lang naman 'yon. It was sunday kaya rest day naming lahat. I was still on leave. 

"Tara, tiktok tayo! Hali na kayo dali!" Amie said kaya napalapit naman kaming lahat. The boys were just standing since the sofa was taken by Khari. He was awake and he would look around to see everyone around him. "Gawin na'tin 'yong passing this phone challenge." Amie said while she was looking for the sound. She explained kung ano mangyayari. She said that we just have to describe the person we wanted to pass the phone to. Kahit sino lang. She went first. 

"I am passing this phone to my friend na sabi na ayaw niyang magka-boyfriend kasi sayang sa time at iiyakan niya lang, ngayon fiancè na niya!" Amie said and laughed out loud. It was passed to Sev na halatang iritang irita sa sinabi ni Amie. 

"Ulol mo, Lim. I'm passing this phone to my cousin na sabing pangit daw si Axel parang bola pero ngayon type na niya ang bola." She said and smirked before passing it to Ethiliah. Ethiliah cursed and laughed when she passed it back to Severyse. 

"Anak ng? Ako nanaman?!" She said and got the phone. "I'm passing this phone sa nagsabi na ako raw ang una na magkakaanak pero siya naman talaga." And showed Khari to the camera. I muttered a curse. "Para namang 'di kami kasali dito." Axel said. We laughed when I passed it to Laurent. It was fun. It took a while for us to finish that video. Khari cried when they got so loud because of laughing. Nagsisihan pa sila kung sino pinakamalakas tumawa. 

"Let's go!" Luckily, all of us had the same religion. Kaya naman nag aya sila na mag church. Khari looked so cute in his little polo while sleeping in his stroller. Luckily, he was asleep all throughout the mass. "Kailan binyag niya?" Andre asked. I just shrugged my shoulders, hindi pa namin naplano 'yon. After church, we decided to dine out. It was a small get together. Pagkauwi naman ay hapon na dahil nag mall pa. They bought Khari cute clothes and toys that he can play with. Three weeks old palang si Khari spoiled na. 

"Happy one month, baby!" I said when I went closer to Khari's crib. He was smiling. His features were still developing. I carried him and Kal followed hugging me from the back. He was complimenting how Khari just looked more like him. He had a little amount of hair. Kal and I helped each other to take photos of Khari. Kal was trying to make Khari look into the camera and I positioned myself to take Khari's picture. He was dressed in a little pilot uniform. My heart. 

"Baby! Look here!" Kal said and kept shaking Khari's toy that created sounds while I took photos. "So cute, my baby!" I said and made Khari laugh. He was so cute. Kal took pictures with Khari and then I followed. Gosh, baka naman bigla na siyang maging one year old. We invited the others for a small celebration but first, post muna.

quilareen happy one month my baby pilot, momma loves u so much!

Kal also posted afterwards. Panay comment naman sila Sev at iba ko pang friends. Our parents visited every weekend to see Khari. They came to celebrate with us for lunch. 

"He looks like you talaga Kal 'no?" Mom said while carrying Khari. He fell asleep in his lola's arms. "Syempre po ma." He said and chuckled. They left afterwards and we took a nap first together with Khari. Then dinner came and our friends, may mga gift pa silang dala. How spoiled. 

"Baby namin!" Amie said when she carried Khari. He was so tiny. They took pictures with Khari one by one, as if artista ang anak ko. Kal and I took pictures with Khari and just ate afterwards.

"May music room pa rin ba kayo dito?" Axel asked while washing the dishes, they volunteered to help. Khari's room before was the music room but since he is now here, the instruments are in my office. That was the only place where we could transfer the instruments. Kal nodded and waited for Axel and Ethiliah to finish washing the dishes. Agad namang pumunta si Axel sa office ko. "Ganda naman ng music niyo, pink walls." He said and laughed. 

"Excuse me, salmon pink 'yan." I said when I entered the room. Lahat pa sila sumama. Ano 'to concert? We couldn't be very loud since Khari is here. Agad naman akong inaya ng boys na sumali. I gave Khari to Amie and pulled Severyse with me. 

"Ano ba 'yan?! Bakit ako nadadamay dito?!" She said while scratching her, annoyed. "Baka mahimatay kayo sa ganda ng boses ko." She said and flipped her hair. We agreed that we would sing an acoustic version of the song. Kaya si Andre naman ingat na ingat sa paghampas kasi si Khari, baka maiyak pa though he was awake. I had a guitar with me as well as Laurent. Nasa keyboard naman si Kal and Axel with the bass.

"Panalangin ko sa habang buhay.. " Severyse started to sing. I just smiled at how angelic her voice was. "Makapiling ka, makasama ka..." She said and looked at Laurent, nagpapapabebe. Laurent smirked at her while strumming. 

"Atalie, para kang tanga." Singit ni Ethiliah, kaya napatigil naman si Sev at napahawak nalang sa microphone. 

"Wala nang iba..pang mas mahalaga.."  I started along with Severyse. Amie kept on talking to Khari that I was his mom, kaya natatawa ako habang kumakanta. "Sa tamis ng dulot ng pag-ibig, nating dalawa.." I sang alone because Sev suddenly stopped. She laughed when she saw my reaction. Until the song ended. 

"Maraming salamat mga Kapamilya!" Sev said when we finished singing as if nasa show siya. "Concert yarn?!" Ethiliah said at hinampas naman si Sev. Sev and I sat down already kaya napatingin naman kami sa boys, bakit hindi pa sila umuupo dito? 

"One, two, three!" Andre said while slightly hititng the drums. "What you doin'?" Kal sang. It was the first time I heard him very loud and clear. Lagi lang naman siyang second voice dati. "I look too good.. to be alone." He sang. I smiled, he looked good. Gosh, this man. He can do almost everything! Fly planes, play instruments, sing, cook, and being the best dad he could be to Khari. Every girl asks for those in a man. After we had our small 'concert', they left so that they could also spend time individually. Buti hindi nagkainuman. 

"I'm good at singing, 'di ba?" He said while changing Khari's diapers. "Yeah, whatever." I said and folded Khari's tiny clothes. He then carried Khari but he started to cry kaya agad ko namang binuhat si Khari. We couldn't put Khari down until he completely fell asleep. The moment Κhari fell asleep, Kal was also asleep already kaya naman tumabi nalang ako. 

The next week we met our parents to talk about Khari's baptism. "So, when will you guys have his baptism?" Mom asked. We were just at the mall nag-iikot. My belly wasn't that flat yet but it's getting back to its shape. Kal was pushing Khari's stroller. I looked at them with such joy. Sila lang ang gusto kong makita araw-araw. It's Kal and Khari that I want to be with. They brought happiness to my life to feel the void inside of me. I smiled when Kal saw me staring at them. Siya nalang ang sumagot. 

"Maybe at his sixth month?" Kal said and I just nodded. I was okay with whenever it would be basta before Khari turns a year old. Kal and I took turns in pushing Khari's stroller. We then left to go home. May trabaho pa si Kal the next day. Hindi nanaman siya nakatulog.

"Are you okay?" I asked and check his temperature. Wala naman, siguro pagod lang talaga siya. "I'm okay, doc." He said and smiled before hugging. Niyakap ko nalang siya pabalik. "When are you going to go back to work?" He asked while still hugging me. "Next month probably." I said and sighed. I had to get a nanny so I started to search for one. "Why?" I asked. He just hummed. I tried to peek only to see him with his eyes closed, halatang antok pa. I tried to wake him up and he kept on saying a minute more. "Why are you like this, huh?" I asked and played with his hair. 

"I just love being like this with you when our little man is still asleep."  

_________________________________________________________________________________

:>