18

"Pre, may new student daw for summer lang." 

Cullen said. He's been my friend since first year in flying school. They just talked about the new student that will be staying here for fun, I guess. I was busy looking at my records to see if how many hours I have already earned. Babae raw 'yong bagong student. I just listened to them while talking about the new student. She is having classes with Captain Martinez, excited pa sila na mapiling makasama 'yong babae. Jerks.

I was gonna leave when a phone ringed. They all said it wasn't their phones so I checked mine. Si Captain Martinez. They looked at me asking if who it was I just mouthed the name and they all sighed. Giving up that they would not be chosen to mentor the girl. 

"Hello, sir?" I answered. Mga mukong naman nagsilapitan, so I put my phone into speaker mode. Parang mga tanga. "Alis nga kayo, di ko naman jojowain 'yon. May jowa ako." I whispered. They still stayed.

<Can you come here to my office? I want you to mentor someone close to me.> I guess, it's that girl.

"Yes, sir. I'll be there in five." I said and stood up before Captain Martinez ended the call. 

"Sana all, pre! Kunin mo 'yong number niya para sa akin ha!" My colleagues said. Jerks, really. I walked to his office and knocked before entering.

"Meet Ahquila Martinez, my daughter." He pointed at the girl that was sitting at the front. I went closer to see her face. My mouth formed an 'o'. She looked like an angel. Her brown eyes, fair skin, hazel brown hair, and pinkish lips. Everything about her was perfect. Tsk, buti hindi 'yong mga mukong ang pinili. Baka ano pa mangyari sa babaeng 'to. I just greeted her hello and asked what should I do. 

"Shall we start?" I asked once we entered the plane. I was showing her the controls in the cockpit. She knew a lot already. Smart, huh? I smirked when I cut her off. She looked annoyed with what I did. 

"Gosh, you're so annoying 'no?" She faced me and told that right in front of my face. I scoffed.

"Don't go konyo on me." 

The next few weeks we just started to fly a plane, and learn more about the planes. Captain Martinez invited me to dinner with his family. Para namang jowa ko 'tong pikon na anak niya?

"Tienes novia, captain Alvarez?"  My breath hitched when I heard what her dad asked. I answered in Spanish. Mukha namang gulat na gulat 'tong si Ahquila. I explained to her that my dad was Spanish and that's why I learned the language. I smirked when I saw Reen's face and said wow when I told her that my girlfriend was a model.

"Let's hangout." I said. It'll be her last week here since she is leaving for medicine. I was bringing Elizeth with me. 

"I saw how you look at her earlier, huh?" Elizeth said. We were in my car right in front of her house. Ahquila went inside Eli's house first to greet her parents and used the comfort room. "Huh?" I looked at her. "Ahquila, she's pretty, kind, smart. Definitely your type," She chuckled. And I asked myself. 

What am I really feeling? Am I falling for Ahquila? 

"I don't think so." I told her. "Come on, Kal. Iba na tingin mo sakaniya kanina." She scoffed. "Eli, look. She is my student okay?" 

"Ano naman kung student mo 'yon? You can fall for anyone, any time." She said and smiled bitterly. "Let's talk some other time when you sort your feelings out." She smiled and kissed my cheek. Ahquila then entered the car. We went to Vigan for Quila's last day. I wanted to treat her. I may or may not see her after this. The next day, Ahquila left flying school already. Sila Cullen naman tinitignan pa 'yong mga pictures namin sa Vigan.