25

"You're five centimeters dilated, ma'am." 

The nurse checked. Contractions were so painful. I knew it's only a few centimeters that's needed and our boy would be welcomed into this world. They were giving me an epidural that felt like heaven. 

"Ew, that's so painful." They were injecting the epidural into my spine. Kal was at the side, nandidiri. 

"Shut up, it's the best drug in the world right now." 

I said and he just nodded. He held my hand when I hissed. It took twenty minutes for it to take into full effect. It was less painful now and contractions were still there. The staff come and go to check. "You're eight centimeters dilated already, doc." The doctor checked. It has only been around two hours since they last checked. The doctor checked her watched and told me that in around an hour, we'll start pushing. I just slightly nodded. The pain was still there.

 I started to breathe heavily when the doctors came again. I was transferred to the delivery room already. Kal came with us. I was already ten centimeters dilated so I had to start pushing. Nurses started to motivate me to push. I was sweating. Kal was holding my hand. He pushed with me. I knew it will be worth it. I pushed. I'm meeting my baby boy. 

"Last push!" 

The doctor said and there I heard the baby's cry. It sounded like music to my ears. It could me by new favorite music to play. "You did well, doctora." The OB said. They cleaned the baby first before giving it to me. I was only able to hold him for a few minutes. They transferred me to a private room where I got to rest. The nurse went in with the baby and that it was time to do the skin-to-skin thing. Kal also did it with the baby before I was able to sleep.

"Khari Aiden." I heard Kal. It was already night time.  A baby was already there and two nurses were also there. One was taking down notes and the other one placed a tag at my baby's hand. That's his name? Sariling ina, hindi alam ang pangalan ng anak niya. I sat upright and the nurse gave me the baby and that it was time to feed him before they went out after assisting me.

"That's his name? 'Di mo man lang ako sinabihan." I rolled my eyes. I looked at the baby and it really was a copy of Kal. He looked like Kal while he was still a cute little baby. "Tulog ka kasi." He said. Kal searched the meaning of our baby's name. 

"K and A para at least 'di ba, it's our initials." 

He said while still searching for it. Khari meant "kingly". Kal sulked that our baby is now the new king, parang bata lang din. Aiden meant "little fire". He was definitely the fire that warmed us up. I smiled at how good Kal named our child. Khari was just there, enjoying the time he is fed. A smile showed that made me and Kal smile as well. Such a cutie. 

Nakauwi na kami and all we felt was excitement. Our parents left pero ring naman ng ring ang doorbell. Nagising tuloy si Khari. 

"Saan na ang bata?" Severyse asked and Laurent was at her back just smirking when the door of the nursery room opened. I told her to be quiet. Khari was close to crying. Buti naman at natulog na ulit. Bumubulong nalang sila habang nag-uusap. Sumunod naman si Andre at kasama pa si Amie. 

"Hala, kayo na ba?" Severyse asked as if she was shocked. "Ulol, hindi." Amie said and made her way to Khari's crib. She was complementing na Khari was just a copy of his dad. Si Kal naman proud na proud pa siya, hinahampas pa dibdib niya. Wala akong magawa kundi ngumiti. Si Ethiliah at Axel nalang ang kulang. Bakit 'di nalang din sila bumuo? Baka sila pa mas maraming time to spend with Khari. Nakakainggit naman kung ganoon. 

When we ate dinner, tsaka lang dumating si Ethiliah at Axel. "Ano 'to? Bakit magkasama kayong dumadating? Kailangan may partner ba, 'di ako informed na 'yan password ng pintuan namin ah." Kal said. Nakascrub suit pa si Ethiliah pati si Axel. "Baguhin mo, dapat mag-asawa lang pumapasok." Laurent said while eating. In fairness, nakikisali na. We just spent the night until it was time to leave. 

"Ako na." Kal said when Khari cried. We needed to transfer his crib to our room, para palang hindi namin kayang iiwan doon sa sariling room niya. It was around three in the morning. It was only an hour when Khari last cried. I wanted to rest. Buti si Kal, napaka-hands on. If he could just feed Khari, he would. 

I fell asleep when it was around five in the morning already, but the bed felt empty. I stood up only to see Kal holding Khari in his hands habang nakasandal naman ulo ni Khari sa chest niya. He wasn't wearing his top. Maybe for Khari to feel his father's warmth para makatulog. Kal has work pa. He looked tired kahit natutulog. I felt bad. I woke Kal up to tell him that he could sleep in the bed na ulit. It was time to feed Khari naman na. He just nodded and handed Khari to me. He looked like he was half-alive, half-dead. Zombie kamo. 

"Breakfast!" I said and I saw Kal going down in his uniform already. "Good morning, baby!" I looked but he went to Khari and played with him. I just turned around and looked. He looked at me. "Bakit ganyan tingin mo ha?" He smirked and went closer to me. "How 'bout your second baby, huh?" I said and pointed myself. He laughed and hugged me by my waist. Tinulak ko naman siya ng mahina, baka madumihan pa uniform niya.

"My strongest baby." He said and kissed the top of my head before getting plates and placed it on the table. I sat down across him while glancing at Khari who was sleeping in the sofa with pillows around him. He's such a cute little man. After Kal ate agad naman siyang umalis and said he won't be home for two days. May layover daw. I just nodded. Amie is there to help naman or hindi kaya si Sev. 

The first day without Kal was pretty hard. I woke up several times because Khari was longing for his father's warmth. I sent Kal a picture of Khari sound asleep.

Kalmin: aw my cute little man, dad misses you so much my love.

Ahquila: ay only Khari nalang talaga ha?

Kalmin: and yes my other baby also. You should eat properly and not drink coffee, Ahquila. I'm serious.

I laughed at what he said. Alam niyang adik ako sa kape. Agad naman akong napikon when he sent a picture of him sipping a cup of cold coffee.

Ahquila: i swear love. this is how you treat ur wife, huh? 

Kalmin: jk, rest well love and eat!! will see u tom my strongest bb <3

I just smiled and put down my phone when Khari cried. I was carrying him while eating. The doorbell rang. It was already dinner when Sev arrived. "Kain ka muna." She said and carried Khari for me. "Bakit ganoon? Parang ilong lang na mana nito sa 'yo?" She said while looking at Khari and taking pics of him. Khari was smiling that also made me smile. "Pati ngiti akin 'no! Wag ka ngang ano!" I said. She helped me take care of Khari until midnigth and I told her to leave na. She was busy with their wedding. 

The next day, I was just like a walking zombie. I only had three hours to sleep and the rest was just me taking care of Khari. I opened my phone to see Kal's message. It was a picture of him in his uniform.

Kalmin: omw to see my two babies. see u my love

Ahquila: have a safe flight, ur little man is longing for u

I said and took a pic of Khari and me. And the day just went on like how it is. Looking after Khari and myself. It was pretty tiring.

"I'm home!" I heard Kal's voice when he entered our room. It was already night when he arrived. May stopover pa siya kanina sa Singapore before heading back to the Philippines. He went to Khari first and then me. "How was your flight, huh?" I asked. He smiled and told me what happened in his layover sa Bali. He went to change first. Humiga nalang ako and tried to sleep. I was close to dreaming when I felt his weight in the bed and hugged me by my waist before pulling me closer. 

"I'm finally home." He said and let out a sigh and felt his breath on my nape. "Syempre, nasa bahay ka." I said and faced him. He made his arm as my pillow to wrap around my figure. 

"No." He said and peeked at me. I raised my head to look at his face as well. "You and Khari.. that's my home. You are home to me." He said before planting a kiss. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

:>