15

"I passed! I'm a registered pharmacist now, Kal!" 

I jumped and hugged Kalmin. We were at my room staring at the results for the licensure exam. As for my NMAT, I aced it. "Congratulations, my love." He hugged me tighter. 

"Jowa ko si Einstein!" He shouted and raised his fists. I just laughed at him. Inaya ko naman siyang mag lunch sa labas. I'll be moving to my condo next week. Kal has been helping me with the packing. "Don't you have work, next week?" I asked him. He had a lot of time to spend these days. "Well, I have someone to replace me." He said and smiled. We went to our favorite samgyupsal place and also called the boys. 

"Wala bang soju diyan?" Tanong naman ni Axel. Binatukan pa siya ni Andre. "Sira ka na talaga. Lunch palang oh." He pointed the outside na super init. Axel just made a peace sign and continued eating. Laurent was just at the corner back eating silently. "Sinama ba natin si Laurent? Parang hindi? Naiwan ba natin?" Axel said and touched Laurent all over his body. "Tanga, tahimik lang wala na agad." Laurent said. "Magjowa ka na kasi ulit, pre!" Andre said. We just continued eating and left afterwards but Andre went with me and Kal. I asked if he could design my condo unit. 

"Big unit, huh?" He looked around once we entered the condo. He showed me some designs that I would possibly like. I went for the white and beige themed design. I wanted to surround myself with light colors. To help me focus and study well. Me and Kal went home and celebrated it with mom and dad. 

"How's Diego, Arthur?" My dad called him 'Arthur'. He said it sound nicer than Kal or Kalmin. "Okay naman po tito. Busy managing the company." He smiled and continued eating. They got closer and likewise to me and Kal's parents. Apparently, they own an airline company and that is where Kal is working at. Big time. 

"Let's put it there!" I pointed. The boys were helping me with moving. Mas naging close lang kami lalo, the girls did not know. They helped me assemble chairs, tables, beds. I had three rooms in my unit and for now I made it into a study room and the other one as a music room. It was also a way for me not to be distracted easily. Baka tamarin lang ako pag nakita ko na yung kama.

 "Saan na 'yong sahod namin, Quils?" Axel said. "Batukan kita diyan. Ikaw pa nga nag volunteer 'e." Kal said. Axel said it was a joke and that they would leave first.

 Axel was already working since I was in fourth year. Andre just graduated and started working in his parents' real estate company as well. Laurent, still at second year med. Kal and I finished cleaning before ordering food. He stayed with me the whole day and helped me with my stuff. After eating, he told me that he had a gift. It was a guitar. Napansin siguro niyang luma na gitara ko. 

"You didn't have to." I said. He just said that I deserve it and that it's a gift for passing the boards and acing the NMAT. He left and said that he had to prepare since he would be on standby tomorrow. The next three weeks, I entered med school. Still different from Sev and Ethiliah. I had common friends still so it wasn't that hard for me. Laurent was in the same school as me. Kal even wanted Laur to look after me. Kaya naman minsan sabay pa kami mag lunch. 

"Jowa mo ba 'yung nasa second year? 'Yong gwapo?" My classmate asked. I scoffed. "I have a boyfriend. He's just a friend." I smiled and continued writing my notes. I went home immediately and took a nap. Today was tiring. Kal had flights and we didn't see each other for four weeks already. I was barely alive, I guess. 

"Hey." Kal called.

<What's up? Are you stressed?> 

"Well, it is what it is." I said while putting the phone on speaker mode and got my books out. 

<Baka lagnatin ka pa niyan. Don't stress yourself too much, Reen.>

"I can handle it, love. Where are you?"

<At the airport, waiting for my flight to Japan.> He said. We just continued talking until he had to hang up and get ready for his flight. 

Months passed and luckily I survived first year med. They said it would get harder and harder and harder. Thanks to Laurent's help. The girls decided to have a video call with Sev na nasa States. She still did not go home. 

"Tagal namang umuwi Atalie!" Ethiliah said. Sev just scoffed. "At bakit ba ayaw mo 'ko bisitahin dito ha?" She said and looked at the camera na parang seryoso. "She's busy I guess." I said and smirked. "Oo, busy talaga." Ethiliah defended. "Busy lumandi?" Amie was at her work. We ended the call when Amie had to leave for an emergency and Sev to sleep. I'm already midway finishing second year. It was full of Med Tech stuff.

 A week after, Kal finally was available and visited me in the condo. Buti naintindihan niya na busy na rin ako. 

"So, how's work?" I asked while highlighting lines and memorizing terms. "Well, I have to tell you something..." He said. Napalingon naman ako. He sounded serious and afraid. "What is it?" He told me to sit beside him and I did. "There's this flight attendant that's been flirting with me?" He sounded unsure. "Oh tapos? Bet ko mas maganda ako." I flipped my hair and he chuckled. "Of course! No one can beat the visuals of my Ahquila!" He pointed at himself and hugged me.

"I missed you." He said and hugged me tighter.

"Well then, yakapin mo flight attendant na 'yon kung gusto mo yakap." I said. "I'd rather feel longing than hugging a flirt." He said. "That's my guy." I laughed and excused myself that I had stuff to study. He cooked food for me and even ate beside me in my study desk. Kal is the best boyfriend every girl would ask for. He would be there in every milestone you'll achieve in life. He would be there if you're at the lowest point of your life. 

"Sleep now." He closed the book and pulled me to the bedroom. "Tulog na, anak." He tucked me in.

 "Gosh, ano mo 'ko anak?" 

"Well...no, but I'm practicing." Hinampas ko naman siya. "Loko!" He just nodded and told me to sleep. He left already. The next week I just prepared for my finals. Finals finished and vacation na ulit. Two years more and I'm getting that M.D. at the end of my name. 

"What are your plans, Reen?" Amie asked. We're in a cafe with the girls. Severyse actually went home but she did not want Laurent to know. "Sev, do you even know how miserable Laurent looked like when you left?" I asked her. She smiled bitterly. "I know. I should've told him, right?" She adapted to the American accent. Ito namang si Ethiliah, parang amazed na amazed. "Saan na 'yong pinsan kong tagalog?!" She exaggerated. Inambaan lang ni Sev ng suntok si Ethiliah. 

They haven't changed. I just chuckled and looked outside. Surprisingly, I saw Kal waving. "Excuse me, girls." I stood up and pulled Kal inside. "Welcome back, Severyse." He said. He was a bit shocked to see Sev here in the Philippines. "Thanks, Capt." She said. It was Sev's treat and she would be going back to the States next week. We left right away. I left with Kal. Hindi ko naman dala kotse ko.

"What brings you here? Aren't you busy? Dami nagtatravel now." I said while buckling my seatbelt.

"I miss seeing my doctor girlfriend." He winked and drove off. He told me that we were having dinner with his parents. 

"Hello po, tita." I said when I entered their house. His mom welcomed me with open arms and asked me to sit down for dinner. "How's school, Ahquila? Medicine is pretty hard, right?" I slightly chuckled. "Yes po." I said. We just talked about my life and how our relationship is going. His parents and my parents supported us all through out. Kal pulled me to their rooftop right after eating.

"Look." He pointed at the telescope. I saw the moon, its beauty. The moon was always mesmerizing to stare at. I moved it a little and it was a star. It was Venus. "That's Venus." Kal said. I just nodded. "Pretty isn't it?" He asked. 

"Mhm. Sometimes you really have to look closer to appreciate one's beauty." I said.

"And that's how exactly I fell in love with you. Your beauty was evident even by a single glance from afar." He said and wrapped his arms around my waist.

_________________________________________________________________________________

:>