17

"Okay.. I'm sorry..."

Kal pulled me slowly into a hug. I still can't stop my tears from falling down. I kept on sobbing and Kal caressed my back to help me calm down.

"I'm sorry for...making you feel that way..." He said and hugged me tighter.

 "I'm sorry as well...I'm just tired..." I said and hugged him back. "Let's rest first, hm?" He looked at me and pulled me into a hug again. I just nodded. He pulled me to the bed. "Sleep first." He laid down beside me and tried to help me calm my sobs down. I was still sobbing so hard. 

"I'm sorry for taking it out on you..." I said and hid my face in his chest. 

"No, I should've understand." He placed a kiss on the top of my head and caressed my hair until we both fell asleep. I woke up around midnight already and Kal was still holding me tight with his arm as my pillow and the other one wrapped around me. 

"Kal..." I tried to wake him up. I guess we are this tired from work. I should've appreciated Kal's efforts just to see me and take care of me everyday. I should've understood that he was also tired. I just lost it earlier. Kal woke up and looked at me. "Hm? Is there a problem?" He closed his eyes again, still half-asleep.

"Hindi ka ba uuwi?" 

"I'll take care of you here first." He said and stood up. 

He offered me to go for a drive thru at this time. We ordered a meal from a fast food resto and went home right away. I offered him some clothes to wear and to sleep again first because I had to finish that case. The next day Kal took me to work before he went to his condo to change. 

"Hm? Nag away kayo? Weh?" I talked to Ethiliah about it while eating lunch. "Yeah, naayos naman." 

"Sana all mabilis maayos," She sighed and continued eating. "Ayusin niyo na kasi 'yong sa inyo." I said and pointed at her. "Hirap kaya!" She replied. After lunch, Ethiliah went back to her department and I went back to mine. Kal picked me up even after his short flight. 

"Uso magpahinga, love." I said when I entered his car.

"I'm making it up to you." He winked and started to drive. 

My schedule loosened up since I was done with that case. "Let's go somewhere?" I asked. He nodded and told me that he knew a place far from the city. I just smiled when he took my hand and interlocked it with his while he was driving. 

"Beautiful, isn't it?" We stopped in front of a beach. It was peaceful. The sound of the waves, the air, everything. He asked me to sit down in the sand. 

"Here we are, witnessing the sunset again." He said and told me to sit closer. He supported his weight with his arms at ginawang sandalan ko. 

"Every time we see the sun set, there is always a first time that happens." I said. He nodded and tried to remember the things we have done under the orange sky.

"The setting sun witnessed the moment you became my girlfriend," He chuckled, parang kinikilig pa.

"Parang ewan. Kilig ka na niyan?" 

"Ikaw lang ba pwedeng kiligin ha?" He asked back I just smiled. 

"The setting sun witnessed a new moment. Basically us reconciling after that fight." He said and looked at me kaya napatingin din ako. "Oh, right." I stared at his brown eyes. The sky reflected on those. 

"How 'bout we make the sun witness a new first, hm?" He said and smirked.

"What is it?" I asked and looked at him.