10

I laid there contemplating if this is right. 

"Kal.."

"Yes?"

"Do you perhaps...like someone?" I asked out of curiosity. I was falling for his acts. Baka mahulog nanaman ako sa maling tao.

"And what if I do?"

"Edi why are we doing this?" I sat down and looked at him. I knew he was drunk but I also know that he is aware of his actions. He sat there confused. Not knowing what to answer. "That made me sober ha." He sat up straight and held my shoulders. 

"Isn't it obvious, Ahquila? Wow, alcohol really.." He said and scoffed. 

"What's obvious?"

"You're the one who I liked for the past two years. Can't you see that?" He turned red, parang nalasing ulit bigla. I was out of words to tell. 

"I.."

"It's okay you don't have to answer me." He smiled and let go. It was awkward. I didn't know what to say. I was also falling for him, I can't deny that. Kalmin is the guy that every girl likes. He was that ideal jowa. Smart, caring, protective, handsome, tall, and so much characteristics in him and there is no reason for someone not to like him.

He was still sitting upright with his eyes closed. I held his hand, he is too precious to lose.

"Are you sure di ka lang lasing kaya sinabi mo 'yon?" I asked and he opened his one eye and looked at me before he smiled and nodded. "I know what I'm doing, Reen." He smiled before laying down. I chuckled, sure he was. I damped the towel in his face. He is a different person when he is drunk. I got a sticky note in my bag and wrote something.

"He's still sleeping, huh?" His mom went inside and looked at Kalmin sleeping. I stood up and bowed to his mom. "I will leave na po." I smiled and went out. "Wait, let's have a cup of tea first?" His mom smiled and I had no choice but to follow.

"Ahquila, right? I have heard a lot from Kalmin." His mom said while giving me a cup of tea. "Really po?" I smiled and took a sip. "He is your mentor right? He mentioned that he had a pretty student." I just smiled at his mom. Gosh, did he really mean that? 'Yong gusto niya ako? He looked sincere. 

"I'll leave now, Mrs. Alvarez. Thanks for the tea po." That sobered me a little. Magdadrive pa naman ako. I went up to see Kalmin but he was still sleeping. I just chuckled and left. 

"Happy Valentine's day, Quils!" Sakto namang weekend ang valentine's day at kasama ko naman sina Sev. We bought bouquets for each other. Single life. We took a picture and ordered for food. 

"Wala ka bang date, Reen? I mean..." Amie smirked along with Sev and Ethiliah. I just rolled my eyes and got my phone because it ringed. 

"Speaking of.." I smirked. Playing along with them. It was Kalmin. 

"Hello..."

<Happy Valentine's day, Quila.> He said. I don't know if he was sincere or not. Amie, Sev, and Ethiliah were smiling like crazy. 

"Happy Valentine's day, Kal." I said. Parang tanga namang impit na napasigaw sina Amie. Ewan ko sakanila.

<Where are you?>

"I'm with my friends, why?"

<Can I join? I mean, I'm your friend also.> Giving emphasis to the word 'friend', he scoffed. 

"Wait, I'll ask them." 

"Can Kal join?" I asked them and they nodded agad agad naman. I sent Kal the location after ending the call. He was near where we were. I looked at the three of them, ang lalaki ng mata and was pointing something. It was Kalmin with a big bouquet of roses.