~•~•~

Jace and I dropped Liv off at her elementary school as we waved to her a small goodbye. After I saw her blonde locks disappear into the building, I quickly sped off and drove towards East Lakewood High.

We all haven't been to school in a while due to some 'minor inconveniences', so it was good to finally get back. I have so much shit to catch up on it's not even funny. As much as I was ready to get back, I was definitely not prepared for the shit ton of homework I'd be assigned.

I parked my car in the student parking lot and we both walked towards the large brick building, already wanting to go back home, missing the comfort of my bed.

Jace threw me a goodbye as he ran over to his football friends, just like every morning.

Before I could even step foot into the building, I felt arms wrap around my waist and my feet were no longer touching the ground. I could smell the person's perfume from underneath me and automatically knew it was Nora. What is with this girl and hugs?

Before I knew it, pain immediately shot up from my lower stomach and spread like a wildfire, heading straight towards my ribs. I felt my broken ribs grind against each other as I clenched my jaw, trying not to scream out in pain.

"Jesus Christ!" I struggled, trying to get the words out. The breath was knocked out of me as I wheezed with every breath I took.

I looked below me and saw my best friend clinging on to me for dear life as tears sprung in her eyes.

"I missed you so much Dak. Jace told me everything that happened. How are you feeling?" She asked, finally releasing me as she stepped back.

"I was fine until you squeezed the shit out of me. I can't breathe," I groaned as I bent over, trying to catch my breath. I was only able to inhale little amounts of air, so breathing was painful and I quickly began to feel lightheaded.

My hands were clutching my stomach, clinging onto my shirt, trying to ease the pain somehow. I didn't know how to make it go down. I heaved, trying to throw up but only air came out as my stomach clenched.

Nora gasped as she put her hand over her mouth. "Dakota I am so sorry."

"Oh god, are you okay?" I heard a male voice ask from in front of me. I could hear the concern in his voice as his shadow appeared to be standing only a few feet in front of me.

"Just peachy," I wheezed as I held back the tears I refused to spill. I would not cry in front of them, I was stronger than that.

"Colton, do you see her? Does she look okay to you?" Another guy asked, his strong musky cologne filling my nostrils.

"Obviously not, but I wanted to ask to make sure."

Then it clicked.

These were Karson's friends.

I didn't even look up to see if Karson was there, I was too focused on trying to find a way to ease the burning sensation in my ribs.

Why is all the bad shit happening to me? Why can't I just have one normal day? There hasn't been one day this week where I haven't got hurt. From my mother, to Brody, to my mother again, and now Nora. Will the pain ever end?

"Dak, I-I'm so sorry. I-I totally forgot about your ribs," she whimpered as she bit her bottom lip, trying to hold back the tears.

"It's ok Nora, I'll be fine," I breathed, trying to reassure her. I knew the pain would go down soon, but as of right now, my whole body ached. I figured that the healing process would probably take longer now because of the extra damage caused from the pressure of that hug.