Chapter 33

The human body needs enough nutrients to supply the energy a person needs to keep it working successfully. We stick to this law by nature because we were taught the importance of it, unfortunately, it is just until recently that we also came to the realization the brain is part of us as well and just as our muscles, our minds need the special components to keep working.

Humans like to learn about their own body in order to stay healthy but some of us think healthy is only physical, so when a person comes and tell us about mental healthy we usually play dumb and avoid the topic

We don’t like when someone points our weakest points or our flaws yet instead of doing something positive, we shut them up letting the fear consume us slowly, the hunger increasing at night as our prays for it to stop.

Y/N needed help but she didn’t know how to ask for it.

When Fushiguro saw the girl losing her composure in that field, her cries, the mix of screams and sobs combined with blood, sweat and tears it felt like watching the substances of a soon dynamite to be made; a creature asking for redemption.

Who knows for how long she had kept the beast from within, her bones and flesh the cage that now it tried to escape desperately.

It broke his heart.

“Saving everyone.. Everyone includes yourself too..”

Y/N held onto those words with a tight grip and a strong heart, but no matter how hard she tried it seemed that it wasn’t enough.

The kitchen had two big refrigerators with the ingredients necessary to prepare a proper meal in case the students preferred to make their own rather than ask their homeroom teacher to buy it or going to a restaurant so thanks to this there were microwaves as well.

Placing the meal inside the machine and pressing the buttons, the boy leaned to the sink and waited for the heat of the microwave do the job. A silhouette coming from the hall revealing Y/N joining him, Kugisaki and Itadori passing by telling them to meet them at the girl’s room to eat.

The dark haired boy watched the girl nearing him and smiled at him, her eyes on the microwave joining him in the little task, if something he had learned with her is that sometimes the small smiles hide a lot of emotion.

His features changing from concern and softness every two seconds, trying to read her and not only prejudge her by the looks of her outside.

“How do you feel?” he asked, moving his body enough for his shoulder to touch hers, demanding the closeness he had admitted in silence that he enjoyed every time they were alone.

“Ieri-san told me to rest enough and eat healthy, taking care of the carbohydrates and fat so I could have my musc-“

“Y/N” he interrupted her, a little annoyed to himself for have done such a disrespectful thing, but after knowing her for a while, he already knew that it was better to stop her rather than finish the facade she was trying to make herself believe.

She moved her head to the side to look at him better, he was relaxed and some strands of his hair making a failed effort on hiding his eyes, the warmth of his hand reaching hers timidly, interlocking fingers that as soon as they touched each other; she could notice his eyes fluttering and his features softening.