He confronted Midoriya about it.

'I don't know what you're talking about, Kacchan!' He says, waving his hands hurriedly. Looking at the blond with a pressured gaze, flinching as his frown grew incredulous, then somewhat adoring. 'She made that plan on her own!'

Uraraka's a good opponent.

Unlike Todoroki.

He heard of the boy's trauma, but Bakugou had no way to communicate to him. Bakugou just wanted his utmost best, not the pity of a boy with two quirks that made Bakugou self conscious about his own, to look down on him. Why? Why couldn't he do more?

Todoroki just shot ice, which was futile against a volatile, teeth shattering quirk like Bakugou's. Bakugou burst, frayed, and churned any of the ice that was shot at him.

Urging Todoroki to do better was impossible.

He didn't listen.

Because Bakugou didn't know how to speak. His words didn't get through, they were too rough, too rigid, too much. Bakugou knows what Todoroki saw him as, the begging of him to use that other side. It only made Todoroki more strong to it.

Todoroki sees Bakugou as his father.

Those were his fleeting thoughts as he grabbed the boy's collar, trying to shake him to life. Just before he was dazed by the fumes of sleep, Bakugou wanted to withstand the aroma, coercing him to submissive rest. But he couldn't. So much, so much, so much. His head was dropping, plopped against Todoroki's chest begrudgingly. There he clenched his hand closed, forcing strength to be held within the confines of his fist.

His hands rolled back out.

The strength to stay up was gone.

But the strength to writhe and pull from... chains. Chains. No, confines. A box even. It's closed, he can't escape. He's back to the attack. Trying to slither up from the sludge monster, trying not to be killed in its treacherous grasp. Blocking out his sensors. He had an adult wrap around him on national TV, in front of a crowd, that goddamn villain. It used his quirk, forced him to attack the heroes. And the heroes said his quirks were great after.

There was not a sliver of pride in him though.

Molest:

To touch somebody indecently or inappropriately.

To inflict sever physical pain on...

Bakugou had been __ed on live TV. And the heroes could hardly do anything, not until All Might came, but All Might was lagging behind. He could have died. Deku saved his life. Bakugou had been relieved then angered, this weak boy had took him away from the black corners surrounding his fading vision, something even he was tearing apart. This tearful Deku clawed at the villain angrily, like it would help. It didn't. It didn't help. No wait. Yes, yes it did.

Deku saved his life and Bakugou hates him for it.

He would rather have died than be saved by the person he had promised to rescue.

But he's back now.

Wait.

No,

he isn't.

He's trying to run away from these chains, but they're too constricting. Tokoyami's voice calls him an animal, as he tries to escape. Bakugou recognizes the field and relief comes back in a small dose that wouldn't do anything to abate the rising consternation in his pattering heart.