-What about dinner? –

-You can make it yourself. I have things to do, too! – yelled Hyeon and tiny Wheein was in her room fixing her dolls.

-But that's your job, as a woman! –

-What do you mean by "job?" Do I have to do everything around here just cause I'm a woman?! YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE A JOB! –

-WHAT DID YOU SAY?! – and Wheein went and cover herself with her blanket.

-You go to report this to the police! – said Byul from the other side of the phone.

-But I'm scared. –

-Then next time something happens, make sure you call me. –

-You will call the police then? –

-No, I can't. you have to be the one to call them. I'm in the sates Wheein-ah. But I'll be here for moral support. – smile Byul and they hung up.

-Around then, a strange rumor started to go around saying that she was cheating on her husband for a younger man. Don't be shocked. The rumor was false. –

-Why would someone come up with a rumor like that? – ask Solar.

-Who knows. Some people just can't bear to see others succeed. But I think it was the committee who had started the rumor. –

.

-WHAT?!! CHEATING?! WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!! –

-I'M TALKING ABOUT THAT BASTARD WHO COMES TO EVERY SINGLE OF YOUR EXHIBITIONS!! –

-JIHYOON IS JUST A FAN OF MY WORK. –

-AHH "JIHYOON!" SO, YOU TOW ARE OON FIRST NAME BASIS?!! –

-YOU'RE COMPLETELY OUT OF YOUR MIND!!- yelled Hyeon not believing what she's hearing. -I KNOW YOU'RE JEALOUS CAUSE I'M THE SUCCESSFUL ONE NOW!! –

-HOW DARE YOU!! –

-WHY CAN'T YOU JUST LET ME LIVE MY LIFE?!! –

And that day something was different. I kept hearing one dull thud after another. There I saw my father to seemed enjoying himself. He genuinely seemed to enjoy beating her. Does that even make sense to you? I could only cry and beg him to stop. Things seemed okay for a while. She had right hemiplegia and dysarthria caused by traumatic brain injury. There was nothing wrong with her memory or her cognitive abilities.

-You see, there are lots of different factories in our brains, and a few of them in mommy's brain is broken. But she'll be back to normal once she gets treated. – said the doctor.

-Camping was a lot of fun! We even had a barbecue party. By the way, you called me the other day, didn't you? Wasn't it like late over there in Korea? – ask Byul who was face timing Wheein.

-Why didn't you answer my call? –

-Eh? I was kind of busy. Sorry about that! You said you had something to tell me, right? Wheein? Wheein? Hello?! – and Wheein ended the call. She headed towards her mother and showed her a drawing she made and her mother smile.

-I get it from you! – smile Wheein and her mother wrote something on the paper saying, "make my wish come true." -Your wish? What do you want me to do? –

I was 13 back then, and I hadn't thought seriously about my future. I just wanted my mom to smile again.

-No way. – said Hwasa in shock and Wheein only smile.

-Mother knew she wouldn't be able to paint again, and she came to terms with it. But she wanted someone to follow in her footsteps. –

She probably thought she could continue her legacy as an artist that way. She was incredibly obsessed with her art. She asked her sponsors to hire teachers so they could teach me how to paint just like her. I guess I had a talent for copying things. Although anyone could've done it. If there were watched and forced to paint every single day. In just a year, I learned how to paint just like my mother, and I lived for her dreams.

-But why? I mean... a lot of people sign their names on other people's works. – said Solar.

-You mean why didn't she just make me sign her name in my paintings? It was the committee's suggestion. my mother was running out of money, paying the hospital's bills. The committees wanted my mother to paint by me. My father ran away, and my mother couldn't paint again, and she wanted someone to follow in her footsteps. I just happened to be the one to meet all their conditions. – said Wheein pointing at herself.