Chapter 15: Reward

Start from the beginning

But how he acts. I can't explain. Does he feel something for me or am I just being delusional? I am confused.

My heart always skips a beat every time I look at his eyes. Every time he went closer to me I feel all those butterflies. But this is wrong. Why does he have to make the move and then act like it's nothing? This is sick.

"Mikasa? Why is your face red? Are you getting sick?" Sasha looked worriedly at me as she checked my face.

She was the one sitting beside me and Carla.

"No. I'm good. I'm just a little cold." I said and smiled.

At the corner of my eyes, I saw how Eren looked at me and put his fingers in his lip.

I gulped and looked away. What the hell.

What the fuck Eren. Why does he look so hot while doing it. I hate it here!!

"Are you sure you are alright darling? Does your body hurt?" Carla asks once again like the worried mom she is.

"I'm fine Carla. Thank you." I smiled sweetly at her and she does the same.

"Do you want to join us in the car? You don't look okay." Carla was clinging to me once we were inside.

"I'm really fine. You don't have to worry about me." I smiled.

"I'll take care of her, mom. Besides it will be so lonely not to have company." Eren says which surprised me. He then pushed me towards our car as our friends went to there's.

"So you speak?" I said as soon as he sat at the driver's seat.

"I thought you were mute." I rolled my eyes.

Our friends and them have already crossed the street while here we are still chatting or just me talking.

"I'm sorry okay." He started and I still didn't look at him.

Like I care?

But deep inside I am screaming why he said sorry.

"Hey look at me." He says trying to make me look at him but I didn't move.

"Just drive." I said blankly as the pink sunset engulfed the sky outside.

"Not until you talk to me first." He says getting closer to me.

There it is again. The unfamiliar flips on my stomach, the erratic pulse of my heartbeat, the heating of my face and ear out of nowhere. I felt like crying. I completely don't understand my feelings.

"I'm already talking to you." I responded still not looking at him as I felt his breath on my left cheek.

"Mikasa please.." He begged and I looked at him.

Lace of concern washed over his face, sadness filled in his eyes as I felt my tears fell down slowly.

"Shit. I'm sorry." He says as he tried to wipe my tears. I never even blinked.

"Eren....What are...we?" I asked while looking directly into his eyes. His mouth went open unable to speak.

"I-I..d-don't know.." He says as he looked down and slowly punched his seat.

"Just drive. We're going to be late." I moved away from him as I scooted closer to the edge.

I wiped my own tears, I felt so pathetic.

"Mikasa..I.." He started once again and I had enough.

"Just drive Eren damn it!" I yelled looking away but he pulled me close for a hug making me shocked.

"Eren what are you.." I whispered as I felt his lips on my forehead.

"Please Mikasa...Be patient with me..." He says and I stopped moving.

"Eren. I can't go on like this." I whispered. I felt weak.

"Please...Let's stay like this for a while." He pleaded and I nodded.

This is the first time I have ever been in his arms for a hug. We never did this at home or anywhere. Eren is warm and my skin always feels cold as snow. It feel like I was under the sunlight.

I didn't know what got into me but I looked up to him and went close to his ear. I wanted him to win so we could celebrate. I don't care how cheesy it may sound like anymore but..

"Win this match and I'll reward you." I said and I slowly looked at his shock expression. His green eyes illuminated in the dark.

"Mikasa..I understand you are mad but.." I put my finger on his lips and cupped his face.

I noticed how his expression changed from soft to stiff. He didn't move.

"I promise." I smiled at him and he pulled me into a hug.

"I will. I'm looking forward to that." He says and I rubbed circles on his back.

"Let's go?" I smiled at him and he flashed his grin.

"Of course. I'm glad you're back." He smiled at he pulled out of the space and drove towards the school.

"What took you so long huh Eren! You know Mikasa is going to have another makeover right! And you have to prepare!" Carla kept on hitting Eren with her fan and I laughed.

"The car was just about to ran out of gas, I have to stop over you know." He responded and she calmed down.

Best liar.

"Mikasa we better go! See you Carla! Grisha!" Historia excused herself and they nodded. My other friends did the same too.

"Thank you so much Miss Carla! I'm so full you are the best!" Sasha kept on yelling as Connie carried her. I laughed.

"Now go! Make us proud!" Grisha said and me and Eren went after them as they went to sit on the bench of the open field.

"Mikasa.." Eren pulled me closer as soon as we we're alone. He's so strong I almost tripped.

"I meant what I said." I accidentally touched his chest and I immediately removed my hands like I touched something hot.

He chuckled and I scoffed.

"Hmmm I wonder what could that be? Will that make me happy?" He smirked and chuckled.

"Only one way to find out." I winked and I went to the dressing area for girls. Everyone must have been there.

"Damn!" I heard him as I hurriedly followed Ymir and Historia's direction.