Andre has never cried when he hurt, nor when they betrayed him.

The small town, the smiling aunts and the gentle nuns, the laughing kid at the church... They're gone..

And now, Lucius, his most important person, his only sunshine in this dark world.

He's also gone...

The surrounding people look at him pitifully and sighed, they have to thank the kid who saved the future hero. It's a great blessing to have this merit!

Hal Aman look at Andre and almost cried, he knew what the kid felt at this moment, he was so closed to Lucius and treat him as his light. Just how horrible would it feel for his only savior to die in front of him?

It's all his fault! Why isn't he strong enough to kill that demon!? To let Luci save them and lost his life in the process, a child's future was lost because of him!

A day passed and everyone in the castle knew about the news of what happened.

" It's horrible, many died... "

" For a demon general to come... "

" Yeah, thankfully the hero survive or else we... "

" Yeah, it's thanks to the kid... "

" Is it true? "

" It's a pity for such a good child... *sigh "

" Yeah, I heard from the news that kid... "

" Ai, such a good kid... "

" The future hero was shaken because of that... "

" I hope the future hero to recover soon... "

Hal Aman stayed silent at the side as he listened to their talk.

He was guilty, a small kid sacrificed his life for them to live.

He lowered his head as he tightly closed his eyes, he remembered that boy who liked to smile and was dazed all the time.

He was such a good kid....!

And now, he's gone.

He covered his face in shame and frustration, he can't even protect a kid! Why did he even become a soldier for!?

Then he stiffened, he remembered the look on Andre's face as he watched his friend, his only family died. His face was so pale and he was trembling so hard, he must have felt more helpless than him...

He's really useless...

He wiped his face tiredly and turn to look at the closed door where Andre is resting after coming here at the castle.

After three days of recuperating,

" His body... " Hal heard a faint voice, he turned around to see Andre looking at the direction of the previous small town of Naf.

" You finally woke up! " Hal was delighted as he was really worried that he won't wake up because of this accident, many people are also worried because if they lose the hero, they will have no hope in defeating the demon king anymore.

" I... I need to... bury... his body... " Andre said trembling as he said that, his bandage tightly clenched fist in his lap reminded Hal about his hands injuries.

" Stop, it will hurt you--" Hal said and was then interrupted but Andre's whisper.

" I... can't let him be hurt again... "

Hal stared at him and nodded, " Okay, we'll go there right now. I'll talk to the king first. " He said and left immediately, he has to take care of Andre.

This will be his payment, although it won't be enough for Andre to lose his most important person. He will give his life for the hero only.

The hero's wish was quickly granted by the king and they gathered soldiers to help.

Tomorrow morning, they set out together with Andre and Hal to the previous small town of Naf.

Seeing the remains of the people in the town, old and young, the soldiers felt sad and started digging graves for the burying process, they also brought some priest to blessed the souls to safely come back to the goddess's side.

" Call me when you need. " Hal said as he stopped, Andre needs some private time to talk to Lucius.

Andre walked towards the place where Lucius fell down and before he got neared the place, he stopped.

He was trembling.

He was trying to not let his tears fall as he bit his lips.

It hurts so much...

He grabbed his chest, it felt hard to breathe and it was aching so much.

He tightly closed his eyes and took a breath to calm down then he started walking, seeing Lucius's body. He gasped.

He look like he was just sleeping, his wounds also healed. Aside from his tattered shirt, he was clean and beautiful.

He kneeled beside him and took his cold hands, a tear fell on it as he slightly caress it.

" I'm sorry... " He said as he trembled, " I'm sorry... I'm sorry..." He choked as he continued as he put his forehead on Lucius's hand, tears continue to fell silently from his eyes.