Chapter 10: Rivals

Start from the beginning

I felt my blood boiling at the thought of Eren dating her or any other girl. I can't imagine having any other girl in our house. Or any other girl in Eren's arms. I hate it!!! I would probably throw the girl outside our house I would be so mad!!!

"Mikasa are you alright?" Historia looked worried as I flashed a scowling face.

I am irritated. I am now in a bad mood.

"No. I stepped on shit." I went silent and they just laugh.

"You didn't look at what you're stepping on? Ewww" Ymir says and I roll my eyes smiling a little.

"Hey! I'm eating stop it." Sasha says as she hurriedly munch in her food.

We laughed and then continued to practice.

I need to work harder. I won't allow that girl to win. I should be the only girl cheering for Eren on their match. Grisha and Carla is also rooting for me. I can do it!!

"Woah woah Mikasa you're going overboard!" Ymir says as she laughs at me doing backflips.

"I just found an inspiration. That's all." I said as soon as I was done and wiped the sweat all over me.

"Well done Mikasa." The coach claps and I smiled at her.

"Guyssss! Did you know the rugby team is in trouble now?" I heard one of our members says.

I started to panic. Of course it's Eren.

"I gotta go." I said as I excused myself and bowed at my coach.

"Okay guys. We're dismissed anyway. Take some rest all of you." Her voice boomed at the open gym and we then went to separate directions.

"Do you think it's him?" Historia asks as they followed me.

"It's always him you know. Ugh! Carla would be so mad." I mentally pulled my hair.

I ran the open space and went to where they are.

It was chaotic. The coach wasn't there so no one was looking after them. The boys formed a semicircle. Eren was held my Armin and Jean while on the other side was Furlan with bruises on his face.

"Bro stop it!" Connie says.

"Eren that's enough!" Armin says.

"He is a fucking asshole!" Eren says as he points towards Furlan direction and I watched his smile turned into smirk.

"You said she was your sister but she's not! And I said I like her! You're not his father!" Furlan says while laughing and my eyes widened in shock.

He likes me? What is this?

"Shut up!! She doesn't like a bastard like you! Fucker!" Eren says back at him with his gritted teeth in anger.

"Eren..." I went to him and he looked at me.

"Let me go. I'm fine." Eren says.

He then calmed down a little as Jean and Armin slowly let go of him. I looked worriedly at him.

I scanned his face and he tried to look away. There was a small bruise in his face just like the day he once visited me.

"Eren..You don't have to be like this." I said as I looked all over around me and saw a lot of students looking at this direction.

This is embarrassing and scandalous. What was he thinking? This could be reported to the head and then he might lose the team.

"What were you thinking?!" I pulled a cotton with alcohol from my bag.

I treated his bruise and Furlan walks away. 

"Oww!" He hisses in pain as I slightly pushed the cotton. This is for him being stupid.

Since Eren always gets into trouble. I saved some aid on my bag.

"That's what you get for being an idiot!" I rolled my eyes as I continued treating him.

Our friends talked as I was busy attending him.

"That bastard just wants to get to your pants. Fucking asshole." I watched him ball his fists and I placed my hand on each of them.

He calmed down a little and his shoulders went down.

The people looking at this direction went back to what they were doing but some are still talking.

"And you think you can escape Carla's words after this huh?" I put a band-aid on his cheek and cleaned everything.

"I can stand mom. But I can't stand you getting disrespected in front of me." He says and I sighed.

I felt like something is holding my heart after hearing those words. I have always thought he hates me. He even ignores me sometimes but he really does care.

"We're going home." I said as I tried to carry his bag on the bench but he got it from me.

"I can handle. You don't have to worry about me." He says as he walks fast ahead of me.

I bid my friends farewell and they did the same.

As we drove towards home at the sunset, I can stop thinking about what he said.

"I can stand mom. But I can't stand you getting disrespected in front of me."

How beautiful it feels to have someone protecting you. But the thought of what Isabel said earlier that she wants to date him still lingers at the back of my mind.

"....maybe we can date right after? Isn't that nice?!"

I sighed and I clicked my tongue.

"You fine?" He asks.

"Yeah. Just thinking about the event next week." I stared blankly on the outside and he hums.