Chapter 2: Serena Comes to Town

Zacznij od początku

"So I'm assuming you tried them before Ash?" Serena questioned her boyfriend. Ash sighed and nodded.

"Yeah... I had a very fond memory of Brock's jelly-filled doughnuts. It is associated with my capture of Primeape back in the day." Ash said with a sweatdrop.

"Pi..." Pikachu squeaked, also remembering the time a wild Mankey came and infiltrated their campsite eight years ago.

Serena stifled a giggle with her hand. "You can tell me all about it when we settle in."

"So what are we waiting for? Let's get a move on!" Ash said eagerly. Ash moved his hand away from Serena's waist and took her hand, intertwining their fingers together.

"Ash wait! Not so faaAAAAHHH-" Serena squealed the moment Ash started running with his girlfriend holding his hand tightly.

"See ya later Brock!" Ash yelled out, not showing the intention of stopping anytime soon. Poor Serena will have to get used to getting dragged around by Ash again.

Brock looked on with amusement as he watched Ash and Serena run towards Pallet Town. Despite him being eighteen years old (Closer to nineteen years now), Ash is still a kid at heart. Brock shook his head with a chuckle and walked towards his vehicle to go back to Pewter City.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Eventually, the couple, along with the two Pikachu, made their way to the front entrance of the Ketchum residence. Ash took a deep breath and gazed at the exterior of the home, as it has been about a week since he last visited. Although not as long as his absence during his journeys, there's just something special about coming home.

Serena shifted slightly and seemed hesitant. Ash noticed this and slightly frowned. He gave his girlfriend's hand a comforting squeeze for comfort. He knew she was nervous because he felt the same way.

"Serena..." Ash started. "We will face this together, so you don't need to feel like you are alone in this."

The honey-blonde took a deep breath in response and closed her eyes, before reopening them and forcing a determined look on her face.

"No need to worry. I am just fine." Serena responded with a confident look. Ash looked at her with shock before transforming his expression to a grin.

"Okay, I'm pretty sure you just used one of Dawn's catchphrases," Ash said with a raised eyebrow.

"That's because I did." Serena replied while giggling. Her face then darkened. "Remind me that I still need to give a call to the girls tonight."

Ash shook his head, but kept a smile. Ash then knocked on the front door a couple of times. Ash was lying if he claimed he wasn't nervous. His girlfriend is going to meet his mother in person for crying out loud! Not to mention that they will have to tell her about their... ahem* "nightly activities".

His thoughts were interrupted by the sound of the door creaking open. A familiar barrier Pokémon wearing an apron was on the other side.

"Mr. Mime!" The Pokémon greeted happily when he noticed Ash and Pikachu.

"Hi, Mimey! Is mom home?" Ash asked.

"Mime, mime!" Mr. Mime said in response. He then noticed Serena and pointed at her with a confused look.

"Mr... Mime?"

"Oh, this is my girlfriend, Serena. That's her Pikachu." Ash introduced to Mr. Mime. He then turned to Serena. "Serena, this is my mother's Pokémon, Mr. Mime. Also known as Mimey."