4. Izuna

"Everyone with me? My God..." 

Having to handle fifteen children on your own on a field trip was rough. I really needed another person to be in the back of the line, making sure no-one fell behind or said "Yes" to strangers asking them to come with them, but I did my best to check over my shoulder every block as we walked down the street, me holding one child in each hand, the others walking two-and-two behind me.

It was a beautiful street, with pastel shops with apartments on top, neat and clean in a way that was unusual for our city. I could see the ginormous Catholic Church ahead of me. The children could see it, too.

"Wooooow..." someone in the line whispered.

"You must have seen it before! You live here!" another child exclaimed.

"I can still appreciate it!" the other child retorted. "It's about the little things in life, you know?"

I snorted. Children said the funniest things.

It was a beautiful day again, the sun hot above us. I wore baggy white trousers and a black-and-white-striped long-sleeved top, over which I wore a baggy black T-shirt. I had a thing for wearing long-sleeved shirts under short-sleeved shirts. I had my hair in a low French braid that Lisa had done for me during break, and I was enormously impressed by how well she'd made it, the messiness caused by her being eight making it very stylish. We came to the church where I was meeting the priest that was going to show us around. I'd only had a short email conversation with him last week.

From: i.uchiha@applegreenelementary.com

To: contact.greenparkcatholicchurch@gmail.com

Hi!

My name is Izuna Uchiha and I'm an elementary teacher at Applegreen Elementary. I'm currently teaching my class about the Catholic Church, and wondered if it would be possible for us to come visit you next week? If so, would it be possible to get a short introduction by someone in charge? The children are eight years old.

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,

Izuna Uchiha 

From: contact.greenparkcatholicchurch@gmail.com

To: i.uchiha@applegreenelementary.com

Dear Mr Uchiha,

Thank you for your e-mail. You are welcome here next week. Any particular day and time that would work? I want to suggest Wednesday at 9 am. If that's not suitable, please suggest another time and I will see what I can do. I will gladly give a short introduction. However, I'm not used to children, so my ability to keep them at bay might not be to your satisfaction. I look forward to meeting you.

Have a good day.

Kind regards,

Tobirama Senju, head priest 

From: i.uchiha@applegreenelementary.com

To: contact.greenparkcatholicchurch@gmail.com