Chapter 8: In Love

Start from the beginning

The meeting went on for like 3 hours and after the other two meetings with the HR department and the Head of the Finance department, I was exhausted as hell. It was already 6pm. I missed the lunch with Charlotte, I mean I had no time. I already called her and apologised and now she's coming to pick me up for wedding dress shopping. In the morning also she dropped me at the office as I was too tired to drive by myself.

I was waiting at the entrance when she pulled over. I quickly got inside the car and gave her a small hug.

"Hey babe." She said enthusiastically.

"Hey Charlie!" I said copying her enthusiasm.

"So did you decide what kind of bridal dress you want?" She asked keeping her eyes on the road. "I don't know, less dress more bride kinda gown. I haven't thought about it."

"Okay whatever, Lays you also have to pick the bridesmaids dress." She said in a giddy tone.

"Oh yes, I totally forgot. So any suggestions on the colour of the bridesmaids dress?" I said.

"God yes, glad you asked! Emerald green or wine red, this is my suggestion, you pick the style." She ranted breathlessly.
"And one more thing Charlie!!" I said in a rush.

"What?" She asked all confused. She parked the car as we reached our destination. "The Bridal Garden" a very famous and expensive shop for wedding gowns and tuxedos.

I had a little surprise planned for Charlotte. The moment she got out of the car, at a distance there were two people holding a banner on which 'WILL YOU BE MY MAID OF HONOUR?' was written and two girls were holding bouquets of peonies and party poppers. They burst the party popper and the shimmers fell on Charlotte's head and I came in front of her and asked with a tiara in my hand, "Will you be my Maid of Honour?"

The moment I said that, Charlotte hugged me. The poor girl was crying, she pulled away while wiping her tears, "Of course Layla. I thought you'd never ask." She is still cocky even while sniffling. I laughed and said, "Thank you but why are you crying?"

"I just got emotional, I was waiting for this moment since we were 10 years old." She said as she jumped and hugged me again. "Okay, now let's go. Mom must be worried."

We went inside the store and greeted mom, Aunt Penelope and Maya.

After 2 hours...
They still can't decide which dress is looking nice. I have almost tried every dress that was available in the shop.

The lady that was showing us the dress was also exhausted.
"Madams, there is one last dress I want to show you and I promise that you won't be able to take your eyes off that dress." She said with so much confidence while mom and aunt only nodded their heads like lost puppies.

She took us inside a storeroom, if it was one because it was too beautiful to be called a storeroom. At the extreme end of the room she slightly pulled a string and a large cloth fell on the floor, displaying the gown.

That gown was just beautiful. I don't have words to describe how elegant and bewitching it was. It's my first wedding, might as well be extravagant like a princess, I internally snickered at my thoughts. The gown had lots of folds so it was really heavy with a deep neckline and exquisite work near the cleavage area. It had shimmers near the folds and it was so mesmerising. The gown was neatly dressed on the mannequin. With a veil and small tiara. I know that it is either veil or tiara but the dress had a little of both and it actually looked appropriate.

After deciding that this is the dress I will wear no matter what, my mother paid for the dress even though I asked her not to but she was persistent and I was tired, so I let her deal with the bills of shoes, jewellery and the dress.